I'm 11 In. Was 300 Ccs That Largest Size I Could Have Gone?

I had my BA done 3 months ago and got 280 cc filled to 300 cc saline hihg profile unders put in. My husband remembers my surgeon saying I measured 11 inches and so 300 cc was the largest implant size I could have gotten. I'm worried I should have gone bigger, but if I knew 300 was the largest I could have gotten then that would put my mind at ease. I'm 5'10" and 135 lbs. I'm stressing over the size and it's really bothering me, but I'm kind of embarrassed to call my surgeon.

Largest size for breast augmentation

+2

Hi, there are many different ways to decide on the "right" size for an individual and this is something many patients worry about. While many surgeons use subjective assessments, the latest trend has been to focus on objective measurements (your breast width...11cm), coupled with your height, weight, and desired outcome.  One factor that is important to consider is the ability for your breast/chest skin to stretch and amount of native breast tissue present.  This can influence the amount of material that can be placed safely to avoid complications and give a superior aesthetic result. Size concerns are common both before and after surgery and it is not uncommon to second guess your choices about size and even having this life changing surgery in the first place. It's best to bring these concerns up with your surgeon and have an open, honest discussion.  

Going With Larger Breast Implants

+1

First, you should not feel embarrassed to call your surgeon to discuss with him the outcome of your surgery. On the contrary, the surgeon will help you understand the details of your surgery and will guide you if you need to make a well informed decision.

Second, if you were at 11cm breast width, then it is possible that larger implants may put you at increased risks after your surgery.

Without before/after photos and physical examination, it is hard to give an accurate opinion about your current situation.

Best of luck to you and thank you for your inquiry.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Implant choices

+1

A good starting point with implant selection is the base width of the breast.  Once this is determined, different implant choices can be made combining several other factors and your personal desires.  Best to talk with your surgeon.

Largest safest implant size

+1

Hi, you probably mean 11cm breast width (not 11 inches) and that in fact is a breast base diameter on the smaller side. that said, please understand that you can squeeze in a much bigger implant than your surgeon recommended, but which will come with a higher risk of complications.

do not feel embarrassed to call your surgeon and continue to follow up and discuss the reasons behind chosing that size, it is not always about breast base or implant diameter, other factors are at play and only your surgeon can clarify them to you.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS

Implant Size

+1

You should be very comfortable around your surgeon, and not feel embarrased to discuss your concerns or feelings.

As for your implants, as Dr. Johnson has stated, although you could go bigger, it's not really about whether you can stuff a larger implant in. It's about choosing the implant that will minimize your risk for complications. I know your height makes your augmetntation less noticible, but you are also thin with a relatively narrow breast base; I would have likely done the same thing for you too.

Try not to be regretful, and remember you and your surgeon did this in the best way for you.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Could have gone bigger

+1

The truth is you might have been able to go bigger than 300cc, and very often we can push the envelope. There are risks and trade-offs for some however. Some breasts might develop a double bubble if the fold has been tight, Or there might be a broad spacing and resulting canyon effect as the volume is increased. You should be able to talk to your surgeon so you can better understand the result that you have, and what might be best in the future when it is time for new implants or revision.

Breast implant size

+1

There is  an adjustable saline implant  SPECTRUM.

With this implant the volume of the implant can be adjusted after surgery

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

What size implants?

+1

Every patient is different with respect to their goals and anatomy. It is the challenge for the Plastic surgeon to make these two things match as close as possible. Clearly many patients with your height and weight have had larger implants. Whether this would have been the best thing for you is what you are questioning. Return to your surgeon and have a calm discussion about your feelings. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD