11 days post rhinoplasty - can I remove tape on tip? (photo)

I am 11 days post rhinoplasty. I had the bone broken & filed down. I understand I am supposed to be swollen & wait for results for a few months. However, my surgeon taped my nose after removing my splint and asked me to keep it taped for 1 month, changing tape every 7 days. The tape pulling my tip up is irritating me however. Will taping just the bridge of the nose, and not the tip, change my shape or cause any issues? Could I untape the tip for a few days and then tape it back if necessary?

11 days post rhinoplasty - can I remove tape on tip?

+2

You really need to ask your surgeon about these postoperative instructions.

The nose can be swollen for up to a year or more. Swelling will depend upon the nature of maneuvers employed, presence of grafts or implants, thickness of skin, open vs closed, revision vs primary, etc.

I dropped remote control on my nose (it's tragic comic) and it was the 7th night including my surgery day?

+1

Maybe best to return to your surgeon for more detailed advise concerning this self taping issue. I NEVER allow my patients to self treat...

Tape on nose 11 days after rhinoplasty

+1

Since your surgeon has the most information about your particular procedure, you really need to ask him or her your questions. If you are unsure how to tape your nose I would try to go in to the office and have them show you.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon