11 Days Post Op TT and my Drain Tube is an Iodine Type Color?

Hi, I am 10-11 post op of a tummy tuck and lipo on my flanks. I have been told that the fluid from my drains should go from red in the beginning to a pink color to a straw color. Mine has never gone through any of that process. It was first a bright red very thick fluid and now the past few days it has thinned but is a deep deep red almost iodine colored fluid now and I'm still putting out 50cc. What could be causing this color fluid and is this typical? Thank you so much for any response.

Drainage 10 days after tummy tuck should be minimal.

+1

Hi.

I would go see your plastic surgeon.  The drainage sounds too much and too dark.  You may need a sonogram.