11 days PO, bleeding at incision tonight. Was just at the Dr. today. Should I be concerned?

Incisional Bleeding after Tummy Tuck

+1

I would suggest seeing your plastic surgeon for further evaluation. How much bleeding are you having and where is it coming from? Sometimes patients may have some drainage from drain sites from residual fluid or seroma and no treatment is required. Other causes could be a small blood clot which is liquefying. Sometimes a suture may become irritated and cause a small amount of drainage. Your surgeon will be able to evaluate the source of this problem after examining you.

If your bleeding is excessive, active with bright red blood, you should seek immediate attention. I would doubt this to be the case.

Post Operative Recovery Abdominoplasty

+1

When in doubt, consult with your board certified plastic surgeon. Your surgeon may have insight as to why this is happening. Best wishes!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

11 days post op

+1

At 11 days post op, you need to see your doctor regularly and allow him/her to get you through the recovery process.

Bleeding from incision site

+1

While some oozing or bleeding is normal during the first few days after surgery, this usually will stop and  should not be happening 10 or 11 days out.  If this happens, make sure you call and see your surgeon so that you can be evaluated properly.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Bleeding?

+1

What surgery?  Where is the bleeding?  your question is difficult to answer.  It is not impossible for an incision to open up a little 11 days after surgery (especially if you are physically active or the incision area is in a place that moves a lot) that may cause bleeding.  In this situation you should let your plastic surgeon know.  In the mean time you should clean the area with soap and water and dry very well.  Apply pressure for up to 20 minutes if the bleeding is significant.  If 20 minutes of pressure does not stop your bleeding then you may need to be seen right away.  

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD

+1

Can not answer not enough info!!! Please re write your question with more details so we can aide you.