11 Days Ago Had Half Face Lift, Sutures Still Oozing Yellowish Gunk.

I was on Amoxicillin 1 day preop, and continuting for 9 days, and after 5 days he added 10 days of ciprofloxacin. I take two showers a day to clean this area well, and put on bacitracin cream from the Dr. Especially in the morning, I have some drainage in my hair behind ears. I seem to be healing well otherwise, but I don't know if this is normal, especially with antibiotics.

Infection after face lift surgery

+2

Dear Facelift patient from North Carolina,
Having drainage 11 days after facelift surgery is unusual. Your surgeon is treating you and he knows what treatments are available to help you. Good luck and good healing

Drainage after Facelift

+2

This drainage may be secondary to resolution of a small hematoma. Continue your close relationship with your surgeon - this is not normal.

Drainage after facelift.

+2

You need to see your surgeon to make sure you are healing well. You should not have any drainage now.

Facelift and drainage

+1

Drainage from a facelift can be seroma, hematoma, or purulent from an infection. Only your surgeon can tell you from his physical exam.  Keep a close eye on it with him. Good luck.

Drainage and facelifts?

+1

it is unusual to experience drainage of any kind after facelifts. The area behind your ears can be tough to see yourself. Please go see your physician and make sure everything is OK

Jeffrey Kenkel, MD