Can I Give Birth After a Breast Lift?

Pregnancy and Breast Lift

+2

I have many patients in my practice who have gone on to have pregnancies and normal deliveries after a breast lift.

Having children after breast lift

+1

Of course you can have a baby after breast lift. I think the real questions you are asking may be "Can I breast feed after a breast lift," and "How will this affect my results?"

Many women can, and do, have children after breast lift surgery. A breast lift should not affect your ability to become pregnant but might affect your ability to breastfeed. However, your breasts will be affected by pregnancy. Weight gain and loss may cause your breasts to sag and take on a "deflated appearance," which is typical after childbirth and breast feeding. If you are planning to start a family, I would consider postponing surgery until you are done having children.

San Ramon Plastic Surgeon

Pregnancy Possible after Mastopexy (Breast Lift)

+1

Breast lift surgery does not affect fertility. Most patients who plan to have children are concerned about breast feeding. Many patients can safely breast feed after a procedure, but it is important to discuss recovery with your plastic surgeon. However, a pregnancy and/or breast feeding may affect your results and can cause breasts to sag again. Breast lift is an elective surgery, but many women wait until after they are finished having children to pursue these procedures. Be sure to discuss your plans and goals during an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in breast surgery.

Pregnancy after breast lift

+1

You can have a normal pregnancy after the breast lift.  You will probably also be able to breast feed, although there is no guarantee.  If your nipples only need to be moved a few inches you should be able to breast feed.

Breast lift and pregnancy

+1

If you had a breast lift in the past, why wouldn't you be able to get pregnant and have a child?

Pregnancy after a Breast Lift

+1

Of course you can give birth after a breast lift.  Discuss breastfeeding with your Plastic Surgeon.  Many patients can breast feed without any problem, but if the nipple has to be moved a good distance, breastfeeding may be a problem.

Pregnancy after Breast Lift

+1

Having a breast lift (mastopexy) will not affect your fertility.  Pregnancy does cause changes in the breasts and it is hard to predict exactly what those changes will be.  It is possible that you may desire another breast procedure after you are done having children.

Web reference: http://www.advancedplasticsurgerysolutions.com/services/breast/breast-lift-atlanta/

Can I Give Birth After a Breast Lift?

+1

Your fertility will not be affected by your breast lift. In addition, most patient can breast feed after a breast lift and delivery.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Can I give birth after a breast lift?

+1

Yes, you can. During your pregnancy, youir breasts will get engorged. You might or might not be able to breast feed. There's a posibility that you might need another lift or "minor adjustment" to your previous lift. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.bellevueplasticsurgeons.com

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Is Childbirth OK After a Breast Lift?

+1

Breast surgery will not interfere with your ability to become pregnant.  Studies have shown that 65-70 % of women who want to breast feed after a breast lift or breast reduction can successfully do so.  Pregnancy will certainly change breast size and shape, so you cannot be certain that your beast shape will be as good after pregnancy as it was before.  There is a great deal of variability from person to person in the effects of pregnancy and breast feeding on breast shape.  Good luck with your decision!

Web reference: http://www.PRSJournal.com