Will Juvederm Prevent Me from Getting the Rhinoplasty?

I am about to get juvederm in my nasolabial folds but also want to get rhinoplasty at some point this year. Will I be able to do it?

Naso labial folds

+2

Putting a filler there won't affect your ability to have your nose done. Just don't put it in your nose and expect it to work as a cheap rhinoplasty equivalent.

Juvederm in the Nasolabial Folds does not interfere with Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1

Juvederm in the nasolabial folds area will not affect your ability to have Rhinoplasty surgery. However, I would not recommend having a non-surgical Rhinoplasty (filler injected in the nose) prior to surgery. In order to get the best result, it is important not to manipulate your nose in any way so your surgeon can have an accurate view on your natural nose. Good luck with your surgery!

Paul L. Leong, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm to the nasolabial folds and rhinoplasty

+1

There is no problem having Juvederm placed in the nasolabial folds and then undergoing a rhinoplasty.

Juvederm and rhinoplasty

+1

Hi rachelia, Juvederm will not interfere with your rhinoplasty. You should let your surgeon know you have had it and where it was injected.

William H. Sabbagh, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

Juvaderm

+1

Juvaderm in the nasolabial folds should have no effect on the rhinoplasty. Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Will Juvederm Interfere with Rhinoplasty Surgery?

+1

Juvederm in the nasolabial folds will not interfere with your rhinoplasty. In fact I frequently do both procedures at the same time. Don't put Juvederm in the nose because you'll have to wait until it has all dissolved and it can interfere with surgery if placed in the wrong tissue layer.

Facial filler such as Juvederm will have no effect on planned rhinoplasty

+1

Fuller faces or smaller faces have little bearing on how we plan rhinoplasty. It's more about getting a nose that fits your face, your aesthetic and your ethnicity. If you had or get filler put in the nose, as long as it's hyaluronic acid such as Juvederm or Restylane, it can be dissolved before surgery. I'm not a fan of filler in the nose if you are planning rhinoplasty but I have dissolved it in a number of patients and have them come back for repeat photos and computer imaging when the filler is gone.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

+1

Juvederm to the nasolabial folds should not prevent a rhinoplasty from being performed. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.
Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA