I 100% Have a Pollybeak Def from Going on 4 Rhinoplastys, Should I Go Through with the 4th? (photo)

first rhinoplasty almost 2 years ago now, the results were horrible & my nose looked twice the size as it naturally did. Since then my surgeon suggested another 2 closed rhinplasty to fix that and a twisted look from not enough taken off one side of my bridge. Since the 3rd still very unhappy, I have a pollybeak he says and is now soon booking me for an OPEN rhinoplasty which i am worried about because I dont want my nose to collapse or anything and he said nothing about grafting, what to do, help

Pollybeak Def from Going on 4 Rhinoplastys, Should I Go Through with the 4th?

+2

You may want to consider having several second opinions before proceeding with a fourth Rhinoplasty.  You have sevral issues with the nose and a thorough in person consultation, with an experienecd Rhinoplasty Surgeon and examination is warranted.

Pollybeak Deformity after 3 Rhinoplasties

+2

Your pollybeak can be corrected by augmenting the bridge and removing the supra-tip fullness. I suggest you consult with another surgeon who specializes in revision rhinoplasty.

A reasonable revision operation might help your nose significantly.

+2

I'm sorry to hear about your experiences.  It could be possible to make improvements in your nose. If the bridge of your nose can be built up just a small amount, and the polly beak taken down just a small amount, it can make a huge difference in how natural your nose looks. Click on the Web reference link to see a digital modification that I made of your nose.
You should not have the same doctor operate. Revision rhinoplasty is extremely difficult operation, and your surgeon has probably proven satisfactorily that he might not be up to this job.  Also, you must have realistic expectations. It's too late to end up with a stunning gorgeous nose -- you should be seeking a nose that looks natural and does not draw attention, and then leave it alone forever!

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Go to another surgeon

+2

You definitely need to visit another surgeon.  With all due respect, since rhinoplasty is a very challenging operation, your surgeon has severly over-resected your bridge and left excess cartilage toward the tip.  This was probably done in a few seconds with a chisel.  It baffles me that your nose would have this much disproportion after 3 surgeries by the same surgeon.    Your dorsum needs to be reconstructed with grafts.  See someone else. 

Matthew Bridges, MD
Richmond Facial Plastic Surgeon

You need a 4th surgery... with an upper dorsal implant

+1

The most probable scenario is that your surgeon tried to move back the lower dorsum (the polybeak), which will never go back (because it is probably full of scars). Your proper surgery is to add an implant to the upper nose. (This is a surgery that demands large experience with implants).

Nabil Fanous, MD
Montreal Facial Plastic Surgeon

Pollybeak

+1

I have been doing nothing but facial aesthetic surgery for 25 years and have yet to operate on the same nose four times. Could be bad luck or perhaps other considerations but based on your reticence I would suggest consulting other rhinoplasty specialists for second and third opinions. As always, choose someone with experience, lots of photos to look at and someone who does rhinoplasty frequently. Looks like a fairly routine revision but difficult to be more specific without an exam. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

100% Have a Pollybeak Def from Going on 4 Rhinoplastys, Should I Go Through with the 4th?

+1

I would tend to think that grafting to the dorsum with reduction at the supratip would both be necessary.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA