10 Yrs and 3 Babies Later I Want Implants Removed. Tissue on Top, Not On Bottom, What Can I Expect?

I have had implants for 10 yrs. I was 22yrs old and went from a 34 A+/B to a 34D (full). I have have ALWAYS complained about them in my armpits!! Any how I have had three babies but their isn't any sagginess. My implants are 300cc sub pectoral teardrop shaped. All of my implant is in my armpit or on the bottom. So that leaves all of my natural breast tissue on top which I have a decent amount of. In your opinions what should I expect?

What to Expect after Removal of Breast Implants?

+1

Despite your detailed description of your current situation, there is no way that online consultants can offer you accurate predictions.

What your breasts will look like after explantation  depends on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 

Life experience since your breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain/ weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed.

Consulting with  well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons in person will be helpful.

Removing breast implants and mastopexy

+1

I would agree that there is no solid way to advise in the absence of an exam, but in general, implants are just a pillow or like a foot in a shoe. If the implants were properly sized and positioned and did not distort your breast, then taking it out should leave your breast looking the way it would have looked if the implants hadn't been there aside from the scar to put them in and/or remove them. This doesn't mean your breast will look like it did before they were put in. That is unlikely after 10 years and three pregnancies. 

If the implant was not sized properly, positioned properly, or distorted your breast from being there, then it will not look as it would have looked when removed. The tissues are not altered by the removal of the pillow and implants don't truly lift the breast or make them sag when removed. Intentionally deflating saline implants commits you to removing them and does not allow you to claim they failed and have the implant manufacturer replace them under warranty.

In general, I recommend removing the implants first with a simple removal and then reassess to see what if anything you want/need without them. You can even redo them again if you wanted to. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

What can a patient expect after breast implant removal?

+1

No surgeon can give good advice on this subject without examining you.  However, you might expect to see some drooping and "excess" skin after removal of the implants...but you might not.  I feel that you best answer would be to deflate the implants in the office (a simple procedure) and decide, with your surgeon, what to do from there.  Good luck.

Dustin L. Reid, MD

Breast implant expalntation

+1

Whenever one considers removal of breast implants , you should expect the worse. Sagging, scarring and dimpling and so on. No one can surely predict the results.

One can predict the results if the present deformity is corrected and the implants are replaced.

Implants after child bearing.

+1

This is a very difficult question and would require a personal evaluation to determine exact relationship of your implants to the native breast tissue. There is a possibility that your implants may be removed and still have enough breast tissue to look natural. You may also need a breast lift if there is droopiness to the native tissue.

In a few cases like this I have aspirated and ruptured the saline implants to see how the tissue settles after the implant volume is gone. This is a bold move, but can answer several uncertainties without a trip to the operating room.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon