10 Years Ago I Had a Bleph on Upper Eyelids, Can Anything be Done To Improve Appearance? (photo)

Surgery left me with hollow eyes, and scars that are even more noticeable on the sides.  I would like to know if there is anything that could be done to improve my eyes appearance, I feel that when people look at me they look at my scars and not at the person. The reason I've been waiting this long is for economical issues.

Upper eyelid blepharoplasty and browlift

+2

Your posted photo shows marked eyebrow ptosis, left more so than right, and protrusion of the inner upper eyelid fat pads. The photo angulation and bracketing do not allow for assessment of your scars and I cannot appreciate the hollowing that you describe.

A browlift and removal of the inner fat pads should improve the appearance. Treatment of the scars would depend on which factors make them noticeable (skin quality, skin color, scar orientation etc).

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Upper lid blepharoplasty and revision

+2

It is difficult to say what would benefit you without a formal exam.  The photo you posted is difficult to assess.

10 Years Ago I Had a Bleph on Upper Eyelids, Can Anything be Done To Improve Appearance?

+2

The tissues will need to be examined to determine the pliability of the scar as well as adjacent skin laxity but the position of the scar may be improved.  Filler to the area for volumetric concerns may be reasonable as well. 

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Scars after upper eyelid surgery should be nearly invisible.

+2

Pictures of poor quality so I can't tell about the nature of the scar. However if it's unsightly is certainly is worthy of the scar revision.

Revisional upper eyelid surgery possible

+2

Revisional surgery is possible to improve the appearance of your upper eyelids. Filler or fat injection can also help improve the hollow appearance.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Improve Appearance after Blepharoplasty

+2

You would need a consultation to understand the extent of your problem. However, scar tissue or that hollow appearance can be fixed with revision surgery and fat grafting to the area.

Lisa M. DiFrancesco, MD

May benefit from a scar revision and a brow lift

+2

From the angle of your photograph it is difficult to evaluate your scars.  Your eyebrows appear to be low so a brow lift may help as well as a scar revision.  The next step is to be evaluated by an experienced plastic surgeon.  

Revision upper lids vs. browlift.

+2

I need to see you or better non smiling photos to give you a proper answer.. but the upper lids definitely can be improved and made to look more symmetrical with one or both of these procedures.

Scarring and upper blepharoplasty

+2

It is hard to see in your pictures but you can always have a revision for unacceptable scarring of the upper lids. You can also have filler placed to reduce the hollow look as well. This could be done under local anesthesia in the office.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon