I Am 10 Wks Post TT and my Belly Button Started Bleeding Today Running Down my Stomach. What Could Cause This?

My belly button appeared to be closing, but today I noticed there was some drainage in what is left of the opening. I took a Q-tip to wipe out the drainage and my belly button started bleeding and running down my stomach. No pain though. Slowed down the bleeding, covered with gauze and taped it up. Is this something that requires immediate attention, or can it wait until my next appt?

Belly Button Started Bleeding

Most likely you allowed a collection of blood tinged fluid (seroma) to drain. Not wanting to give possibly false reassurance, a call to your surgeon is the best approach here.

All the best