I'm 10 Wks Post Breast Revision/exchange. My RT Breast is Smaller, Not Expanding Like the Left Side & Sagging. Is That Common?

I had a breast revision R/T encapsulation & bottoming out. I went from saline implants in front of the muscle, left 380cc/400cc right, to silicon 375cc bilateral under the muscle w no lift. I clearly & multiple times informed my new surgeon that i wanted to go slightly lrgr than my original size with the same projection. I was told no due to thin breast tissue & that i would look the same @375cc. I'm extemely unhappy. My Breast are smaller, sagging from excess skin, RT not expapanding well.

Breast issues

+2

Breast asymmetry is normal and hard to perfectly correct. As for the volumes, etc.. it is difficult to assess without an exam.

Breast Asymmetry after Complicated Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+2

Although you provide a good description, it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination or viewing pictures. Based on your description of your situation and the operation performed, I am not surprised that some breast asymmetry exists postoperatively. Hopefully this will improve as time goes on.

Keep in mind, that the operation you underwent for treatment of encapsulation and implant malposition is complicated and that it may take several additional months before you see the final results of surgery.

I would suggest that you remain patient and continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Breast Implant Revision

+1

It sounds as though there are multiple issues of concern for you and your results.  It is best to return to your surgeon and have a thorough discussion about your results and expectations.  Perfect symmetry is never possible, but hopefully you can get to a satisfactory place with your results.  Best wishes!

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

10 Wks Post Breast Revision/exchange

+1

You are still early in the healing process from a complex surgery. Based on your description, it is not unusual to have breast asymmetry. Communicate clearly but calmly your concerns to your surgeon so he can monitor you. It is still too early to judge the results nor fret over them.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS