It is Taking 10 Weeks Without Receiving my Invisalign Trays Yet. Is That Normal?

I am seeing a dentist for Invisalign. I got my impressions & was told to wait 2-4 weeks for trays. 4 weeks went by without any call. So, I called & was told I need to put money down to proceed (which I wasn't made aware of at any time during the 4 weeks I did wait) so I put down 2/3 of the amount immediately over the phone. I was told to wait 2-3 more weeks. I did. I finally called again cause I didn't hear any news. I was told to wait another 3 weeks!!! Is 10 weeks for trays normal??

10 Weeks to Receive Invisalign Trays is NOT Normal

+2

The dentist obviously did not place the order until you paid the deposit. Invisalign is often backed up with heavy volume, but I've never had to wait more than 4 weeks.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Waiting for my trays

+1

What concerns me most is the communications or lack there of between you and the office.

Your treatment is dependent on you and the Dr working together. I would call your Dr and tell him your concerns and get answer to your questions. If you get no where get another Dr.

Jacqueline Demko, DDS, MSD
Chesterfield Orthodontist

How long should it take to receive my invisalign trays

+1

It sounds like the dentist did not accept the treatment until you paid your entire deposit.  It takes about 3 weeks to get the trays once the dentist accepts the treatment from invisalign.  Sometimes they are backed up but it never takes that long. 

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist