Im 10 Weeks Post Tt...lipo to Flanks and Muscle Repair? (photo)

im 10 weeks post tt...lipo to fanks and muscle repair i didnt have the normal cut on tummy tuck i had what they call a butterfly one my surgeon said this would be better for me but what i am asking is do you think i have dog ears from the pictures i have shown the reason my posting this question again is because the doctors who have commented think my incision is too short and i didnt say in my last post i had the butterfly one

Dog ears after tummy tuck?

+1

It is hard to tell if you have dog ears or postoperative swelling.  The best way to know is to do a proper physical examination.  Your incision does not seem any shorter than what would be expected for a tummy tuck.  Visit with your plastic surgeon and relay your concerns. 

Dog Ears or Post Op Swelling

+1

At this point in your recovery, it is very difficult to determine if those are dog ears or just post op swelling.  I usually recommend waiting about 6 months to know for sure.  If they are dog ears, a small scar revision in the office is usually all that is needed to take care of them.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Im 10 Weeks Post Tt...lipo to Flanks and Muscle Repair?

+1

Shortening the incision can lead to the "dog ear" deformity. But in your posted photos very hard to tell. Best to obtain IN PERSON second opinions. 

Swelling should subside

+1

Thanks for your question and pics. The lateral area you are referring to should continue to go down some. I wait at least 6 months before considering revision. This fullness can be the result of skin laxity and decreased elasticity. Sometimes it is necessary to remove more like you are describing. In the initial surgery the extent of excision is often limited by the surgical table. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

??Dog ear

+1

Based upon the photos and the brief postop period, I can't tell for sure if this is just swelling, of if I am seeing an irregularity that may be "permanent." As a matter of definition, I would not call this a "dog ear" even if it doesn't resolve with time. 

Some pre op photos might help in this online evaluation. If by 8 to 12 months this is still present, the incisions can be extended to remove more skin and subcutaneous tissues. 

Thanks for your question, and for the posted photos. All the best. 

Revision will be beneficial

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  I think there is residual skin and soft tissue laxity at and below your horizontal incision that would benefit from additional tightening.  These good news is that this can be done relatively easily under local anesthesia or with some IV sedation.  The recovery from doing so will be relatively straight forward.

Dr Remus Repta 

Remus Repta, MD