10 weeks post op/ breast lift and implants. Red and warm breast. Infection? (Photo)

I'm 10 weeks post of a breast lift and implants. I noticed my breast are red and warm on the bottom side. Under the areola. Is this an infection? I don't have a fever or pain. Please advise. I've attached two photos you really can't see it that well. I'm concerned because it wasn't like this before. It started three days ago.

+1
I'm sure you have seen your surgeon by this point.  If you are experiencing any type of warm redness that suddenly appears, it is a good idea to go see your surgeon just so risks such as infection can be ruled out.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Rednes after breast lift

+1
Developing an infection 10 weeks after surgery is unusual but certainly can happen.  You should not delay in seeking treatment.

Michael B. Tantillo, MD

Breast infection

+1
It is unusual to have an infection at this time; however, not impossible.  the source can be many.  i recommend seeing your plastic surgeon as soon aspossible..

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Breasts red and warm 10 weeks after augmentation

+1
Thank you for your inquiry about your skin changes after breast augmentation.

Your photo shows marked swelling. You should contact your plastic surgeon immediately to report this to her/him.  

I have seen such changes from sun burning recent surgery and for ill-advised use of heating pads but this is a serious change in your condition and requires immediate contact with your surgeon. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Infection after implants?

+1
Your first photo appears to show marked inflammation.  I hope you've gotten off the internet and gone to see your surgeon by now.

Carmen Kavali, MD

Infection after implants

+1
Because implants are a foreign body, it is more difficult to clear infections without removing the implants. Redness, swelling, pain and drainage are hallmarks of infection and require immediate treatment which can range from a course of oral antibiotics, IV antibiotics or surgical drainage with antibiotic irrigation with or without implant removal.  The literature supports attempts at implant salvage and removal if the infection persists. Smoking or second hand smoke increases the risks.

See your surgeon immediately for redness after breast lift.

+1
Please see your surgeon immediately-do not seek internet advice. Your breasts look seriously inflammed if infection you need emergency treatment.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

10 weeks post op/ breast lift and implants. Red and warm breast. Infection?

+1
This is the last place to ask these questions! RUN to see your surgeon to be diagnosed in person is ALWAYS best to do first! 

Breasts with redness after surgery

+1
If you have redness and warmth underneath your breasts after a lift and implant, then it is possible that you could have an infection. Best to be seen in person and follow closely with your surgeon.

Warn and indurated

+1
is never good so I hope you have seen your surgeon for further advice and possible antibiotics if indicated.  It is unusual this late in your recovery but not unheard of.  Wishing for the best.

Curtis Wong, MD