10 Weeks After Rhinoplasty and Not Thrilled. Will my Nose Get Smaller? It Looks Huge!

I had closed rhinoplasty, He did brake my bones to being them in bc my nose was wide. Refined my tip, and did septoplasty and turbine reduction. My nose looks freakin huge almost as big as before. I hate it...will it get smaller and look better? I have read a lot of the swelling like 85 percent should be gone by now so I guess I'm screwed huh!?

2 months s/p rhinoplasty

+2

First of all, no matter what happens over the next 6 months, you are probably not "screwed".  While no one wants to think about having more surgery when they just had it, secondary surgery is certainly possible and fairly common after rhinoplasty surgery. With out seeing pictures or examining you, it would be near impossible to tell for sure whether or not this would be the case. After all, it could just be postop swelling. If you don't like the answers you are getting from your present plastic surgeon then you should seek out a second opinion.   

10 Weeks

+1

Too soon, my friend, too soon.  Please give your nose a fighting chance regarding swelling, healing and shaping.

San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

10 weeks post rhinoplasty

+1

You are correct in most cases the majority of swelling will disappear at 10 weeks or so.  But in some patients it takes longer.

Nose Looks Big After Rhino #nosejob

+1

You are very early in the wound healing process. I would not expect that any of my Rhinoplasty patients would have 85% of the swelling gone by the time frame you suggest. In fact swelling will remain for as long as 12 months. Most will go down by maybe 6 months. You have to be very patient in this process. Wound healing and scar remodeling is measured in months to years not days to weeks. Just be patient and your final results will be revealed in time.

Hello

+1

You are still swollen it take 6-12 months for the swelling to completely subside. It takes a little longer on males because of they have thicker skin, give your body time.

Swelling 10 wks after rhinoplasty

+1

The swelling associated with rhinoplasty takes many months to resolve. Most people would agree that around 12 months and perhaps longer. 10 wks is too soon for 85% of the swelling to be resolved. I would estimate that it may be more in the range of 8-10 months.

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon