If I Get 10 Units of Botox While Nursing, is It Still Safe to Continue Nursing?

Botox during nursing

+1

I generally advise against having Botox injected during pregnancy or nursing. While the likelihood of problems is remote, why take any chance at all?

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Don't get Botox if you're nursing

+1

It's not worth doing an elective cosmetic procedure if you're pregnant or nursing and this holds for Botox injections as well, despite not having evidence that it is a problem.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox while nursing?

+1

Both the FDA and Allergan, the manufacturer of botox, caution against treatment with botox in women who are nursing. The prudent thing to do would be to avoid treatment with botox entirely while nursing.

James M. Pearson, MD

Botox

+1

I would not get botox if you are nursing as breast milk may pass on any that has absorbed into your system.  Remember this is a "toxin" we just harness it to our patients benefit.  I hope this info helps.

Ronald H. Stefani Jr, MD

Botox While Nursing

+1

Although there is no conclusive evidence (or studies) to show whether or not Botox will affect your baby, we would not recommend using it while nursing.  

Most, if not all, practitioners would advise you to forego non-essential cosmetic injections during pregnancy and while breastfeeding.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Botox while pregnant or nusring not recommended

+1

It's recommended that any woman pregnant or nusring refrain from Botox injections and IMHO, most if not all qualified MD's feel the same way.  Wait until you're done nursing to get Botox.

Do not use Botox when pregnant or while breast feeding.

+1

Simple answer: No. Safe or not is not totally determined so why take a chance and end up hurting your infant.

Harlow Hollis, MD
Victoria Plastic Surgeon

Nursing after botox

+1

Allegan does not recommend Botox while nursing. The amount of Botox you recieved is very small but, everone in the medical field is very wary about pregnancy and nursing.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Botox and nursing

+1

It is not recommended by the FDA to receive botulinum while nursing. Your infant's immune system is immature and they can easily get sick from bacteria. It is why you do not give unpastuerized honey or milk either.

Michael Hueneke, MD

Botox and Nursing

+1

There are no studies saying whether or not it is safe to use Botox while nursing.  While in all likelihood it would not be a problem, why take a chance.  

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD