10 Months Post-op (Rhinoplasty) and I Have This Stone-like Infection on my Right Nostril?

10 months post-op (rhinoplasty) and I have this stone-like infection on my right nostril, which can be seen immediately when you look from under my nose. I had my rhinoplasty late April 2011, but I've only consulted an ENT this January. He prescribed me a saline spray, and co-amoxiclav, which I'll stop taking today because it's been a full week of that antibiotic already. The stone-like mucus still hasn't changed. What is possible to happen? Will it have to be surgically removed from my nose?

Is this MRSA Infection of the Nose after rhinoplasty?

+1

Without examination, it would be very difficult to advise you. You may require prolonged cream and oral antibiotics, potentially one that covers MRSA ( a strong resistant bacteria).  It also could be that you have foreign material or a graft that has become infected. Surgery for this usually should not be complicated and may be able to performed under local anesthesia depending on the severity.

Web reference: http://www.ghavamiplasticsurgery.com/nose_surgery_before_and_after.html