10 Months Post Op, What Can Be Done to Fix my Nose? (Photo)

I had my rhinoplasty done 10 months ago. I'm happy my hump was removed, but I don't like how much my tip was changed (upturned, bulbous and asymmetric tip, uneven nostrils, too much nostril show from the frontal view, columella show from the profile view...) and I also have a nasal valve collapse. What can be done to fix my nose?

Revision rhinoplasty

+2

Revision  rhinoplasty is the most difficult operation in cosmetic surgery to perform and its best to seek out a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.  It's also important to have clear expectations and goals going into a revision procedure. The bulbous tip is treated with suture techniques and cartilage removal to refine the nasal tip area. Columellar show is addressed by removing membranous and cartilaginous septum to tuck the columella inward. Asymmetries will need to be addressed with suture techniques or  cartilage grafting. Nasal valve collapse is addressed with spreader grafts on either one or both sides of the nose.

10 months post-op, what can be done to fix my nose?

+1

A thorough in-person evaluation by a board certified rhinoplasty specialist would be necessary to help determine the best approach to take during a revision. There are procedures that can be performed to improve your areas of concern, and a specialist can determine what would best meet your needs. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Non-surgical Injection Rhinoplasty May Help

+1

Dear Dasa; Your observations are correct and I understand why you are dissatisfied.  It is not a terrible nose, but if you want some further refinement, it can be done. 

Regarding the tiny bit of upturned nose: surgery can help correct that by placing a cartilage graft behind the columella and thus thrusting it forward, or a permanent filler injection via non-surgical rhinoplasty can replicate the same situation.  The bulbousness can be refined by doing a minor tip revision rhinoplasty.  The uneven nostrils can be managed most easily by permanent non-surgical injection rhinoplasty.

The nasal valve collapse is a tougher issue and may require a surgery with placement of cartilage grafts. 

It is important you have very thorough evaluation by a highly experienced nose surgery specialist.  Visit our and other websites, read as many books as you can and become informed.  You would want a nose surgeon who can handle all the issues you've brought up and who would have a high degree of specialization with a long trail of experience to draw upon. 

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS
Facial Plastic Surgeon
Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON
robertkotlermd.com

Robert Kotler, MD

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1
Evaluation by a rhinoplasty surgeon is essential. All your nasal deformities can be corrected with appropriate techniques.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I'm sorry to hear about your experience.  A thorough evaluation of both the inside and the outside of your nose is recommended to determine how to best address your request.  Some cartilage grafting sounds like it might be needed to help address both issues.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you in achieving the results you seek.

Kimberly Lee, MD