10 Months After Rhinoplasty, Nose Tip Hard and Big? (photo)

Hi, I got a nose job 10 months ago and the tip is still hard and and swollen on the bottom party of my nose still hangs and is hard...do you think this will improve ever?

Revision may be necessary

+2

At 10 months post-op, you are seeing the near-final results of your rhinoplasty. I can understand your concern and encourage you to discuss your options with your surgeon. If your surgeon is not board-certified, please find one in your area who is and get a second opinion.

Good luck!

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

10 months and Hanging Columella after Rhinoplasty

+1

If the columella, the part that hangs down, is what is bothering you, this could be revised under local anesthesia to improve the asymmetry, the appearance of the scar, and the hanging nature.

Rhinoplasty final result usually visible at four months.

+1

Hi.

After ten months, things will not change much.  Talk to your surgeon and get another opinion.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear SS0505,

Without knowing what was done during your surgery or seeing pre-op pictures, I can't provide any specific advice.  I would say that at 10 months after your surgery, your results are pretty close to what they will look like in the longterm.  You should discuss this with your surgeon.  Make sure they are board certified.  If your nose still looks like this at 12 months post-op, I think you would certainly be justified in wanting a revision.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)