10 in 1 Laser? Have You Heard About This Miracle Laser?

does any one know about this miracle laser? i think its manufactured by 'alma laser' The 10 in 1 PAIN-FREE LASER is here! Safely and permanently treats all skin tones. Simultaneouly removes: 1.Unwanted Hair 2.Sun Damage 3.Wrinkles 4.Red & Brown Spots 5. Rosacea 6.Acne 7.Loose Skin 8.Scars 9.Large Pores 10.Face & Leg Veins

Miracle Laser

+2

Dr. Tholen eloquently stated all that needs to be known regarding the claims of a "miracle" laser.  All light based devices are able to perform their stated duties and obtain results based on their wavelength and thus their effect on the chromophore, or intended target.  

This laser simply is able to power a variety of handpieces all of which produce a wavelength for a specific function.  

The claim that the device is "pain free" is misleading at best and depends on the specific function and setting of the device.

Best Regards, 
Jacque LeBeau, MD

Pensacola Facial Plastic Surgeon

I think I'll have two of those

+2

The Harmony platform is a laser power supply "box" with numerous laser wavelength "heads" or hand-pieces that deliver different laser wavelengths for different uses. There is NO one laser or laser wavelength that "works" for all these things!

Sorry, but each indication has a separate "head" or hand-piece, each delivers different energies at differing wavelengths, and each works on specific areas of concern! No one-treatment does all! No one laser does all, but it certainly is a good idea to have one main power supply box and numerous hand-pieces instead of multiple individual lasers, each with its own box and power supply.

Sort of like a Dremel MotoTool--it grinds, sands, drills, and even removes old bathroom tile grout! But not all at once!

And Pain free? If you really believe that I have some beachfront real estate in Death Valley you might be interested in. Permanent? Safe? You'll notice they didn't say "FREE!" That part is the miracle--how to pay for this wondrous machine!

Don't get me wrong--this is a perfectly good laser by a reputable manufacturer. It's just that whomever made this advertisement or set of claims is woefully uneducated about the specifics of this machine--one reason to run, not walk, from this practitioner. They are selling snake oil if this is what they are telling patients. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

When all you have is a hammer, the whole world is a nail....

+1

At Las Vegas Dermatology we have 4 different lasers & each one does something different.  An intense pulsed light device does a lot of things (removes blood vessels, hair and brown spots) but does none of them very well, becuase it is not a laser.  I've never heard of 1 laser doing "everything".  Each laser fires its energy at 1 wavelength and should really treat 1 problem (very well).  Using a laser hair removal laser or a CO2 resurfacing laser to treat blood vessels would not work nearly as well as a pulsed dye laser.  If one product is offering to do too much be suspicious.  Attached below find a spider vein destruction video using our cynosure cynergy laser at Las Vegas Dermatology.

H.L. Greenberg, MD
Las Vegas Dermatologic Surgeon

A medical laser that does it ALL

+1

Alma makes great lasers, and I have one. Please note that they say in all their literature that it's "virtually" painless. I will attest to that. But it is NOT 100% pain free, so don't let anyone tell you that it is. Their technology is more comfortable, especially for hair removal, because it requires the technician to move the headpiece in a specific pattern while the heat and energy diffuses out. This lets a specific, sustained amount of higher energy out, but without the hard targeted hits of other lasers. In my office I have Syneron, Cutera, and Alma lasers. I like them all, for different things. And just FYI - the other doctors on here are 100% correct. Many lasers have different handpieces that you put onto the laser and those work for different modalities. My Syneron machine has 7 different ones, but in no way would I consider those to be "simultaneous" modalities. That's 100% medically impossible as everything you listed on there has different necessary treatment depths, colors, and wavelengths needed to treat those things. Not one miracle laser out there!

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Miracle Laser?

+1

If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.  There is no one size fits all for any procedure or treatment in plastic surgery.  So if something is being advertised as the cure-all for everyone, then I would proceed with caution.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Infomercial Laser

+1

It sounds like someone has finally invented the magic wand, "bibbidy-bobbidy-boo" included!  Different lasers achieve different results based on varying wavelengths.  Although it may be possible to introduce a platform that reliably offers multiple laser wavelengths (CO2, Erbium, Nd:YAG, Alexandrite, Pulse-Dye, etc.) from one platform, it doesn't currently exist.  There is no laser which produces measurable results and is pain-free.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon