10 Days Post Septorhinoplasty & Nostrils Look Asymmetrical and Uneven, Will It Even Out?

I had the nasal bones broken, projection shortened, nostrils made slightly smaller and bridge rasped. I am 10 days post op and when I look at the underside of my nose, each nostril looks different, columella drooping on right side. My nostrils look jagged, not smooth on inside. Will this resolve itself? Is it normal after 10 dats post op???

Uneven Nostrils 10 Days Post Op

+2

It is not unusual to have asymmetrical swelling 10 days after a rhinoplasty. There is nothing that can be done at this time except to be patient.

Nostril asymmetry is common 10 days after rhinoplasty

+1

Thank you for your question. It is not uncommon to have nostril asymmetry 10 days after rhinoplasty. However you should express your concerns to your plastic surgeon and follow his or her advice.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

10 Days Post Septorhinoplasty - Nostrils Asymmetrical

+1

10 days post surgery is still very early for you to judge the results of your surgery - be patient and follow up with your surgeon

Sam Naficy, MD