10 Days Post-opp, Bumped Nose and Now Swollen. From Wine or Contact? (photo)

I had open rhinoseptoplasty done 10 days ago.Last night I reached across my face to grab something & 'slightly' hit my nose on the right side w/ my hand. It BARELY hurt but now the top of the bridge (between eyes) seems more swollen. I had the splint removed 2 days ago & now just have tape.Seems like the tape near the top is digging in more the before. I had 2 glasses of wine last night, could that be the reason for the swelling or would a small tap to the nose cause this? I am worried

Wine and Trauma 10 Days Post Rhinoplasty

+1

It is unlikely you did any harm drinking your wine or hitting the nose. We certainly cannot tell with the tape covering the nose. Check with your surgeon, but the biggest problem you're having sounds like a guilt trip. Relax and enjoy your new nose.

10 Days Post-opp, Bumped Nose and Now Swollen. From Wine or Contact?

+1

Regardless whether the increase in swelling was caused by the bump, to your nose, or from drinking wine you should go back and see your Rhinoplasty Surgeon and tell him/her what happened.