10 Days Post Op Rhino/septo?

Hi i have yellow inside my nose and am worried it could be an infection, more so in the right nostril, also i think i may have strained the right side of my nose, as iv noticed a small bum on the right side of my bridge, it seems to be swelling and very tender under my right eye as well should i be concerned about these things? is this normal? thank you

You should be concerned after your rhinoplasty and nasal septoplasty

+1

Hi Cuppy;

I do not like to hear that there is "yellow" inside your nose.  Yes, it could be an infection.  This business of a "small burn on the right side of your bridge" sounds like it also needs some attention.  Swelling and tenderness under the eyes may be normal 10 days after nose surgery, but frankly, it is time for a visit to your plastic surgeon.

The most important thing in postoperative care is attention to details by the patient and the doctor.  The questions you asked are important and, although not necessarily super serious, deserve an examination in the office ASAP.  Have  you contacted your surgeon?  Is he willing to see you?  If he has not, I suggest you speak with him or seek a second opinion quickly because we do not like to hear of possibilities of infection.  Although infection is extremely rare after any type of elective nasal surgery, whether it be rhinoplasty and/or septoplasty with or without nasal turbinate surgery, eternal vigilance are the bywords.  You must be checked because infection can be very, very destructive to the nasal tissue. 

Quick!  Call your doctor right now if you have not already done so.

Robert Kotler, MD, FACS
Author, SECRETS OF A BEVERLY HILLS COSMETIC SURGEON
Author, THE ESSENTIAL COSMETIC SURGERY COMPANION
Original cast member, Doctor 90210
robertkotlermd.com

Web reference: http://www.robertkotlermd.com/cosmetic-surgery-zapping-infections/

Appropriate Follow Up After Rhinoplasty

+1

I hope you have spoken with your surgeon about this.  Most likely it is something rather benign, but you don't want to take a chance.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

10 Days Post Op Following Rhinoplasty

+1

At any sign of infection, you need to contact your Plastic Surgeon as soon as possible for an exam.  Best of luck!

Appropriate follow up after surgery

+1

Anytime you are concerned you may have an infection, it's a good idea to follow up with your surgeon's office.