10 Days Post Op to my Breast Augmentation & Liposuction on Inner and out Thighs. Tips on Exercising?

When should I start doing light exercising such as abs workout or walk on thread mil? Im a gym freak and Im gaining little bit tummy weight. I want to go to gym and start at least walk or do a light abs works out. Any suggestions?

Gentle, low impact workouts can usually start 2 weeks after breast augmentation

+3

Thank you for your question. Of course you must follow the advice of the plastic surgeon who performed your breast augmentation and liposuction.

In my practice after breast augmentation light workouts without strenuous vigorous upper body weight lifting can begin at 2 weeks after breast augmentation. However liposuction of the thighs does complicate this picture because at 2 weeks you will still be wearing compression garments at night, and running or vigorous leg exercise can cause swelling in the areas of liposuction. Therefore I would suggest that you were tight compression garments on your thighs in areas that had liposuction when you start your workouts again.

Exercising after surgery

+2

The answer to your question will depend on how hard you work out, so you should definitely have a detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon about this.  In general, I advise my patients to wait 4 weeks after breast augmentation before doing aerobic exercise and at least 6 weeks before doing any kind of weight lifting.  Start off slowly in the beginning and gradually increase your activity level. Better to be safe than sorry. Good luck!

James Knoetgen, III, MD
Fresno Plastic Surgeon

Exercising After Breast Augmentation

+2

Most can resume exercise in 2-3 weeks. Until then, one should not increase their heart rate above 100.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Return to Exercise after Breast Enhancement

+2

You are only 10 days after you're surgery. I don't recommend exercising after breast augmentation for 2 weeks.  I would check with your plastic surgeon, but probably walking at this point would be fine.  I would definitely not do weights yet. 

James F. Boynton, MD

Exercising after Breast Augmentation/Lifting?

+2

My best suggestion is to check with your plastic surgeon regarding specific activities after surgery. He/she is ultimately responsible for your care and is the best resource for you, given that he/she knows exactly what was done and how you are progressing in your recovery.

Excercising after surgery

+1

I always tell my patients that we must take everything slowly, one a step at a time, and give them the outside limits of 6 weeks.  I see my patients frequently during the postop period, and like to wait until each visit to see how the patient is healing, before giving a definitive time for exercise etc. Often I will allow a return to certain  activity depending on the healing.   

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Jonathan Berman, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Exercise after surgery

+1

In general, I have patients wait about 3-4 weeks to start aerobic activity after a breast augmentation and 6-8 weeks for heavy lifting.

Exercise after Breast Augmentation

+1

You are only 10 days after your surgery.  I advise no heaving lifting or strenuous activity (ie working out/exercise) for 3-4 weeks after your breast augmentation.  You need to give time for everything to heal.   Please talk to your PS about his/her specific postoperative care/recommendations. 

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

When To Exercise After Breast Augmentation

+1

Usually, resuming light exercise after your surgery depends on the level of progress you achieve before you start exercising again.

In general, patients can resume light exercising after 6-8 weeks post surgery given a good recovery process.

Nonetheless, your surgeon is the only person who knows the details of your surgery and is the one who can advise the best in that matter.

Best of wishes to you and thank you for your inquiry.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS