10 Days Post Op Liposuction, Skin is Hard and Warm to Touch?

I had liposuction on my flanks and belly and my belly is warm and my flanks are hard and numb yet very warm and hot to touch. Skin is very itchy yet I can't feel relief. any suggestions and should I be concerned?

Redness and Warmth of Skin After Liposuction

+1

Redness and warmth of skin after liposuction is not normal.   This could be an allergic reaction to medication or contact allergy or it could be a sign of infection.  This would require an exam to determine.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Possible post-op infection.

+1

It is normal to have hard areas after liposuction, and numbness is not uncommon.  However, if you notice redness and warmth in the areas of concern,or there is red streaking along the skin, I would contact your plastic surgeon to have him or her evaluate you for cellulitis (an infection in the skin and subcutaneous tissues).  If you have malaise, fever, or chills, then I would definitely contact your PS sooner then later.

Robert Kratschmer, MD