10 Days Post Op from Upper Blepharoplasty and One Eye Scar Feels Thicker is This Normal?

I had upper blepharoplasty 10 days ago with stiches being removed 7 days post op. Right eye scar feels thicker than left and left eye doesn't close all the way. Is this normal and will both or either issues resolve?

Upper blepharoplasty healing

+1

It is still much too early to judge the results of your upper blepharoplasty surgery.  It is not unusual that the scar on one eye might feel different than the other.  Frequently, both sides will not heal at the same rate, but in most cases the final result will be appear more symmetric.  It is possible that the eye may not be able to close completely after the surgery, but this should resolve over time.  There are precautions that can be taken to protect the eye during this immediate postoperative period.  Ultimately, the eye should be able to close completely.  I would contact your surgeon to discuss your issues so that he or she can evaluate you and make recommendations to help.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon