I'm 10 Days Post Op from Breast Augmentation. I Have 290cc Ultra High Profile Tear Drop, Do They Look Normal? (photo)

I am not happy with the shape of my new breast. The right breast is bigger than the left and I do not have any volume in the bottom part. My ps asked me to wear the compression band for at least 3 months. I also have side boob on my right breast. I have 290cc natrelle high profile, I hope for a C cup! Thanks

Breast implant malposition and asymmetry

+2

Your implants are positioned high and although they will drop over the next few months, it is not likely they will ever adequately fill the bottom part of your breast. The lower part of your breast is constricted (which is more marked on the left side); a problem that is not uncommon in people coming for breast augmentation and needs to be surgically released. I suspect you started with a difficult problem and had preexisting breast asymmetry, and it is not possible to make a full assessment without your pre-operative photographs. Asymmetry is difficult to correct, as placing different sized implants means they have different widths and can magnify the asymmetry. In your case, it appears much of the asymmetry is caused by the greater constriction on the left side (in the bottom part of your breast) compared to the right which needed to be released. This would make a larger space for the implant in the lower part of the breast where you are lacking volume. The "side-boob" is due to an implant which is too wide for your existing chest wall. The most important determinant of which implant is best for you is its base width, which must conform to your chest wall width within certain limits. Once this measurement has been assessed, the volume is selected based on implants that have the correct width for your chest wall. Let your results settle over the next few weeks-months, however, it is important you address your concerns early with your plastic surgeon if you feel things are not improving. Most surgeons would offer a revision if you are unhappy after the 6 month mark. 

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Give it time

+1

Hello. Ten days is not enough time for the implants to settle. Your implants will not settle for about another two months and I would not be too worried about your outcome until then.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

Settling of the implants may take several weeks after breast augmentation.

+1

Swelling can cause the breast implants to be artificially supported after breast augmentation. The implants may appear to ride high on the chest wall.

Breasts after implants

+1

It is always helpful to see what your pre-ops look like. Just from the post-ops, they look a bit tuberous.

They do not look normal they tried to correct ptosis by biggers implants/no lucen normales. no trataron de corregir la ptosis

+1

it is the classic trying to correct ptosis putting biggers implants, so the ptosis is worst you should have done a mastopexy augmentation for better shape and results.

es el resultado clasico de tratar de corregir la ptosis mediante la colocacion de implantes  grandes, lo cual no resulta pues la ptosis  empeora

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

IMPLANT SIZE

+1

Hi Gina,

If you could resubmit your question with before surgery photos it would helpful to know where you started from.  It appears the implants are too large for your frame since you state you have "side boob".  Implants are not centered over the NAC which may indicate the implants are sitting high or you had sagging preoperatively and may have benefited from a lift.  For the present I would follow the instructions of your PS.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Ten day postopertive, what's normal

+1

It is unclear what your preoperative starting point was. It appears that you may have implants that were placed under the muscle in the face of tuberous and perhaps a little droopy breasts.  If this is the case, it is not unusual for the implants to appear to be sitting higher than desired at this stage.  Implants may take 3-6 months to fully settle.  If they don't, you may need to have further surgery to reposition them or perhaps have a breast lift.  You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Early in the course

+1

You do have some noticeable asymmetry between the two breasts pre operative pictures would very helpful to make comparisons since it seems that your breasts have been very different to start. Its is early in the course and implants can shape better with time. If things remain the same revision maybe needed the earliest at 6 months.

Good luck

Tal T. Roudner, MD, FACS
Coral Gables Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation with a 290 ultra high profile implant.

+1

I do not see your pre-operative photos.  The breasts look as if they may have needed a lift to raise the areola up on the breast.  With the breast band, one must be very careful to position it correctly.  In the first photo, it doesn't look as if it is helping at all.  The idea is to pull the nipple superiorly, while pushing the implant inferiorly.  The implant will then settle toward the bottom of the breast and nipple higher.  If it has been three months, you may need to be re-evaluated by your surgeon and ask his opinion.  The implants may have scared down and are sitting higher than they should.  Aggressive massage will often times help with the settling of implants, but one much understand the correct positioning of the massage in order to achieve the anticipated results.

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

I'm 10 Days Post Op from Breast Augmentation. I Have 290cc Ultra High Profile Tear Drop, Do They Look Normal?

+1

The implants are still high, which is not abnormal.  The implants will drop with time and massage and the band.   This process can take several weeks to several months.  Be patient.  I would agree that you probably had a difficult starting point, and preoperative photos would be instructive.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA