Why Do I Have a Small Bump on Nose and Bridge Not That Straight 10 Days Post OP? (photo)

I had a rhinoseptoplasty 10 days ago. I had a severely dislocated septum and breathing wasn't great at all. I acquired nose deformities (as you can see in my front profile picture). My nose was shifted to one side (only when you go down to the tip of the nose, the columella). I had really long tip as you can see, so that was shortened. Right now I am happy with my nose overall, but some questions: is the tip length fine now? And will this bump go away as swelling decreases after 6 months+?

10 days post-op

+1

After 10 days you will still be experiencing a significant amount of swelling. In general, swelling can influence the way your nose looks after surgery and create the appearance of asymmetry and irregularities. 70% of your swelling will go down after 6 months, and the remainder will resolve over time. The final result may not be evident for 18-24 months after your surgery.  I would recommend giving it some time and see how you heal. Your surgeon should be able to answer any questions about your healing in the meantime. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Nasal improvement

+1

Your nose looks a lot better than what you started with. It is best to let things heal for now and see how that goes. Good luck.

Tip Length Concerns and Bump Concerns at 10 Days

+1

First, your nose already looks much improved at 10 days.  The bump may well improve with time given your early postsurgical status.  Your tip is much improved.  As far as relative straightness of the nose, it looks acceptable at this point.  Give yourself some time and pose these questions to your surgeon who has the benefit of exam and knowing what was done.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA