I'm 10 Days Post Op and I Am Not Happy with the Shape of my Breast. I Have 290cc Tear Drop Ultra High Profile Natrelle? (photo)

I am very concerned with the shape of my breast. I'm 10 days post op and it looks full on top but empty in the lower part. My right breast looks bigger that the left. My ps wants me to wear the compression band for 3months as he told me that needs to stretch my lower part pocket. He also informed me that I had difficult breast to start with and with the help of the band I will have a pleasant result. Please note that I also i side breast on my right side. Do you think my breast looks normal? Thank you

Give it time

+1

Hello. Ten days  is not enough time for the implants to settle. Your implants will not settle for about another two months and I would not be too worried about your outcome until then.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Tuberous breasts

+1

It does appear that your breasts were tuberous to begin with.  You will have to see how the implants settle and how the lower pole looks. Give it time.

I'm 10 Days Post Op and I Am Not Happy with the Shape of my Breast. I Have 290cc Tear Drop Ultra High Profile Natrelle?

+1

Very early to respond but I must state you will need revision with fat grafting into the lower poles after 6 months. 

Breast Shape after Breast Augmentation

+1

I agree that you seem to have elements of tuberous breasts in the preop photos.  Usually, the correction of the tuberous breasts look slightly awkward until the tissue stretches and adapts to the shape that your surgeon created internally to correct the features of tuberous breasts.  Ten days is entirely too little time to make definite conclusions.  Massage and allow the swelling to resolve.  Your surgeon should be able to help you with the proper post-operative care.

Eric Egozi, MD

Breast Shape after Breast Augmentation

+1

Your breasts are normal and natural for your body.  Every woman has differences in her breasts ( side to side) and nipple position and chest wall shape.  Breast Augmentation, as I understand the procedure, is a process to select an implant to complement your breast shape to give you the results you desire.  If the chest wall has more curvature or the nipples are more to the side or the position on the chest is high or low, then all of these individual variations  ought to be discussed before surgery and used to decide on what the goal of the procedure is, including what implant to use.  I have patients who have similar shaped breasts and are very happy with the larger size of the breasts.  I can tell you that the skin on the bottom part of the breast will stretch with time and this may take 6-12 months.  It is too early to judge the results.  Be patient and you will look beautiful.

Jeffrey Ditesheim, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Constricted or tubular breast best treated with sub glandular implant

+1

The breasts in the photograph show a constricted base. This deformities best treated with sub glandular placement of the implant after releasing the connective tissue creating a deformity. The breast should improve in appearance over the next few weeks.

I Am Not Happy with the Shape of my Breast.

+1

It appears from the pre and post op photos that you have a tuberous breast deformity. 

There are a number of features that define a tuberous breast:

•Wide and puffy areolae

•widely spaced breasts

•high breast fold

•constricted lower pole (deficient tissue in lower half of the breast

•minimal breast tissue•high breast fold

•narrow base of the breast

Most or all of these are present on the photos. These are often repaired in more than one stage. For you, the best approach for the next stage would be a breast lift to repostion the nipples and areolas higher on the breast mounds, and somewhat closer to the midline. It may be that some scoring of the lower breast tissue will be in order to allow the implant to better fill the lower part of the breast. The band may help some, but will not solve the problems that are present.