10 Days out from Coolsculpting, Swollen? (photo)

I am now 10 days out from a CoolSculpting procedure on my lower abdomen. I have tried on pants and am not noticing ANY change. Still a fat roll over the top of the pants. I did not have any pain following the treatment, only noticeable swelling Day 1 and 2. I work out 5-6 days a week and eat a fairly sensible diet, drink alot of H20. Getting a little worried that the fat roll isnt going anywhere. Help!

Swelling After CoolSculpting

+1
With CoolSculpting, results are usually not noticeable until about 4 weeks and can continue to improve for up to 3 months. 10 days is much too early to notice a difference and you may definitely still have some swelling that needs to resolve. Give it some more time and you should see results soon. Follow up with your provider if you do not see noticeable results after 3 months.

CoolSculpting provides very good fat reduction for most patients but there can be much swelling for some initially

+1

Many patients undergoing CoolScultping for fat loss do not have much pain during the treatment. The dead fat cells are metabolized through an inflammatory reaction and the immune cells process the dead fat cells. Swelling is often a byproduct which can be significant for a couple to a few weeks or more.  Most patients don't see improvement until two to three months, and sometimes longer. You shouldn't be discouraged at this early time. Follow up with your doctor.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Be patient after Coolsculpting

+1

Typically you will not see results from Coolsculpting until week 4-6 and then will continue through 2-4 months. Most candidates respond consistently.

Steven Hacker, MD
West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

How long does it take to see results from CoolSculpting?

+1

There are some patients who will see results as early as three weeks but the majority of patients will see the most dramatic results somewhere between the 2nd to 4th month after the procedure.  Don't despair, it takes time.

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologist

CoolSculpting Results

+1

Since CoolSculpting freezes the fat, the fat cells die, and your body discharges the dead cells it's not a quick process.  Typically our patients start seeing results 4-8 weeks after the treatment.  Once you start seeing results, the results will continue to improve up to about 6 months.

Ben Hugo, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon