1 Year Post-op (Breast Lift) Have Horrible Spider Veins in Breasts?

Had a lift about 2 years ago, a year after I began showing signs of veins in my breasts, especially in my left breast. Now it has gotten really bad, extremely discolored & practically purple underneath. Directly under my nipple it's harder than the rest of the breast. The skin is peeling & painful. Had this done in NYC but am now living in SF so I can't just head back to my surgeon. I'm making an apt with a Dr. just not my orig.surgeon. What is going on here w/ my breasts?Looks worse in person.

2 Years after Breast Lift and Skin Irregularity

The skin irregularity needs ot be evaluated by a plastic surgeon or dermatologist or maybe both.  A biopsy may be indicated.   Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

it is important that you get evaluated. These may or may not be related to your surgery. If they are spider veins with no other issues, there are a number of remedies, including injections and laser treatments. Your consultant after an exam can make the appropriate suggestions.  All the best. 

1110 112th Avenue NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Spider veins

Dear Bridget,

It is unclear what is going on with your breast.   It is important for you to be seen by a physician sooner rather than later.  A biopsy of the area may be necessary to make the diagnosis.  This may be unrelated the the lift that you underwent two years previous.

Ary Krau MD FACS

Ary Krau, MD, FACS

1143 Kane Concourse
Bay Harbor Islands, FL 33154

Skin irregularity after breast lift

The picture does not show well exactly what is going on, but that irregularity in your breast absolutely needs to be evaluated by a plastic surgeon to make sure it is not a sign of a larger problem. Provided that it is not, it can looks like it can be improved upon.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

415 E. Southlake Blvd.
Southlake, TX 76092

Spider veins after breast lift

Do you have any medical issues that might have contributed to this outcome? Does it seem like the skin stretched significantly after surgery? Did you use steroid topically after surgery? These questions should be addressed with the surgeon you are seeing in San Francisco. Laser treatment is a nonsurgical option that might be explored. Or if there has been stretch, maybe a scar revision. Best of luck!

Michele A. Shermak, MD

1304 Bellona Avenue
Lutherville, MD 21093

Changes after Breast Lift

Spider veins can be treated with injection (sclerotherapy) and lasers.  However, the hardness under your nipple has me concerned.  I'm glad you have made an appointment.  This needs to be evaluated.

Brian K. Reedy, MD
Reading Plastic Surgeon

50 Commerce Drive
Reading, PA 19610