1 Month Post Op is This Swelling or Something Else? (photo)

I got a closed rhinoplasty 1 month ago. My nose skin looks extremely thicker than it ever was and my nose has no shape/definition to it. it looks like a big blob on my face. is this really swelling or something else? how drastically different could it look? its been a month.. is this a general idea of what it will look like?

1 Month after Rhinoplasty and Swelling

+1

At 1 month, you are still very swollen, particularly the tip.  This will not be how your nose will look in a year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Swelling following rhinoplasty

+1

The appearance of your nose is a result of swelling. In general, it can take 18-24 months for the final result of surgery to be evident. 70% of the swelling will resolve after the first three months, and the remainder goes down over time. Degree of swelling can be influenced by the thickness of the patient's skin, whether the procedure was a revision, whether the surgery was open or closed, and whether or not tip work was performed. It is important to be patient during the healing process, as it can take some time. I would recommend discussing any post-operative concerns with your surgeon, as they know the extent of your procedure and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Rhinoplasty and swelling

+1

It is quite possible that you are seeing alot of swelling which can take up to a year or more to resolve.  Good luck.

1 Month Post Op is This Swelling or Something Else?

+1

After open rhinoplasty the swelling can take up to a year to decrease. Best to discuss with your chosen surgeon. Also the posted photo are very under exposed so could not see the nose. 

+1

At 1 month post Rhinoplasty the nasal tip and nose can still be quite swollen making if difficult to judge the final result.  Give yourself several months for this to go down as part of the normal post op Rhinoplasty course. 

+1

It is much too early after a rhinoplasty to be concerned about the appearance.  It will swell and subside very likely for the next 6 months to a year before settling down.  Just be patient and follow up with your surgeon.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Nasal tip swelling one month after rhinoplasty is the rule not the exception.

+1

The photo demonstrates swelling in the nasal tip after rhinoplasty. The tip is shiny consistent with swelling in the skin. This will improve with time. Whether the final outcome is what the patient desires cannot be ascertained from the picture taken one month.