1 Month Post Op - Small Bump? (photo)

So, I'm 1 month Post Op (on the 8th) and for about 2 weeks, I've noticed a small bump. I can feel it, and I can see it slightly. It's really bugging me lately, kinda obsessing over it.. Is there any chance that this is just swelling? It seems to either get bigger or smaller every day. Yesterday, I could feel it very easily. Today.. it feels like it went down a lot. Tomorrow.. well, it's just really inconsistent. I also think it's more noticeable on the left side. What do you guys think?

Temporary Bump Due to Swelling on Nose

+2

I saw your other post, and anything that goes away with digital pressure is not structural but swelling.

Temporary bump on the nasal dorsum following a rhinoplasty

+2

More than likely this is a temporary problem and as you heal it will gradually fade away.  Many times after a rhinoplasty you may feel an irregularity but it is not something that is seen externally.  

Swelling After Rhinoplasty 1 Month Postop

+2

I think you look fine for one month out from surgery. The fact that you are seeing it fluctuate strongly suggests that it is just swelling. This is quite normal after rhinoplasty surgery, especially this soon out. Stay patient. Wishing you the best of luck. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump that waxes and wanes after rhinoplasty

+1

It can take 4-8 months for everything to settle after a rhinoplasty.  During this time swelling will wax and wane with weather, sleep pattern, activity, etc.

Wait a half year and then see you surgeon for an evaluation.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Small bump on the nose 1 month after surgery

+1

After one month, you will still be swollen. 70% of the swelling goes down after the first 3 months, and the remainder goes down over time. The final result of your procedure may not be evident for 18-24 months after surgery. It is not abnormal for irregularities to be present while you are healing. It is important to be patient during the healing process, as it will take some time. I would recommend discussing any concerns with your surgeon, as they may be able to provide you with some advice. I hope this helps, and good luck with the remainder of your recovery. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Small bump after rhinoplasty

+1

Small surface irregularities are not uncommon after rhinoplasty. Common enough that there is a rule of thumb--delay a decision to re-operate for up to a year.  It can actually take months for all swelling to resolve. My advice--keep in close contact with your surgeon who is hopefully an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Andrew Stewart, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and irregularity

+1

It is quite common to feel irregularities under the skin after rhinoplasty. Often they improve with time.  Give your nose some more time to heal.

Post rhinoplasty bump

+1

Often, small irregularities after rhinoplasty are related to tissue swelling and, as the tissue swelling subsides, so does the bump.  However, the exact location and extent of the swelling can be variable, and the irregularity does not always subside.  Occasionally, a small bump early after rhinoplasty becomes more noticeable with time.  In any case, try not to obsess about your nose and allow the healing to occur.  Obsessing will not help the outcome.  It requires approximately 12 months to see the final outcome.  This is also the time when minor irregularities can be reoperated if this becomes necessary.

Jonathan Sykes, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

1 Month Post Op - Small Bump?

+1

ONLY 1 MONTH! You need to allow FULL healing of up to 9 months to 1 year. Best you see your surgeon to discuss your "concerns" in person.