It has been about 1 1/2 years since my augmentation and I'm beginning to feel like I'm shrinking. Is this possible?

I got 350cc under the muscle and for a while it appeared that I was a full C and was pleased, but now it seems as though I have gotten smaller, possibly to a full B. Given my stature (5'3") the PS would not go any larger than 350. I've lost weight since my surgery and am roughly 110 lbs, but don't know if that would have any affect on the size of my breasts. I just do not feel porportionate any longer.

Breasts seem smaller after 1.5 years since my breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for your great question! Breasts can seem like they are getting smaller or larger after weight fluctuation such as weight loss or weight gain. Loss of breast tissue as we get older can also contribute to breasts getting smaller. If you have saline implants, you may have a leak. As your breasts settle over the years and skin elasticity changes, they may also appear smaller because they may be sitting lower. It would be best if you are examined by your surgeon. ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Decreasing breast size

+1

There are a variety of possible causes to the changing breast size and they could include loss of breast tissue during weight loss, increased sag affecting shape, and of course a leak. Best to check in with your plastic surgeon.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

BBA

+1

There are a few possibilities here:

1. You have lost weight and breast tissue volume as a result.

2. You have a rupture/leak and the implant is shrinking.

3. You have a capsular contracture that is distorting your implants.

4. You are developing ptosis with age/weight loss and your breasts have lost upper pole fullness.

You should see your PS or another Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area to examine you and help figure out the cause.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Implant size- shrinking?

+1

If they are saline implants and you notice a change in volume then it usually goes flat as the water is absorbed. On the other hand a silicone gel implant rupturing may just take on a flatter appearance. If you have lost weight that may contribute you loss of breast volume. Best to see your surgeon.

Weight loss and breast size.

+1

Thank you for your question. You mentioned you lost some weight. You may have loss some of the weight in your breast volume would could affect your augmentation results. You did not mention if you have saline or silicone implants? One other scenario could be that if you have saline implants, you may have an implant leak? A physical exam is needed to evaluate what may be going on. If you are looking for a fuller look, then you may want to consider a revision breast augmentation with larger implants. Please visit with a board certified PS in your area to learn more about your options. Best wishes,

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Is There A reduction in Breast Size After Augmentation

+1

It is common for one's breast size to slightly decrease after Breast Augmentation. Initially in the 2 to 4 week period after the procedure there is a decrease in swelling and one can see a reduction in cup size from 10 to 20%. Late, the following factors can contribute to cup size reduction:

• Weight Loss
  • A small amount of scarring around the implant.
  • A settling of the implant into a lower position (which can be viewed as less cleavage)

My approach to avoiding this is to place a implant that is 20 to 40 cc's larger in anticipation of cup size reduction over time.

Joseph Rucker, MD, FACS
Eau Claire Plastic Surgeon