2 1/2 Weeks Tummy Tuck & Breast Augmentation?

I am 2 1/2 weeks postop tummy tuck and breast augmentation. I have started having problems with my abdominal binder bunching up and I'm wondering if it will hinder healing and be less effective in controlling swelling? It seems to have lost some elasticity. Should I go buy a replacement?

2 1/2 Weeks post Tummy Tuck & Breast Augmentation

+1

Prior to purchasing a new binder, request to see the surgeon and/or his/her medical staff for their input. Your surgeon will be the best one to guide you on your postoperative care.

Questions regarding abdominal binder needs to be asked of the operating surgeon

+1

Your question regarding your abdominal binder is one that you need to ask of your surgeon. Everyone has a little different protocol and since your plastic surgeon operated on you, he/she should be the one making the decision regarding this particular issue.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Abdominal Binder After Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

I would suggest that you contact your surgeon's office to see what he/she recommends and follow those instructions.  I ask patients to wear a compression garment for at least 4-6 weeks after tummy tuck and some of my patients choose to buy compression garments similar to SPANX.

Call your surgeon and see what the recommendation is for your best results.

Hello

+1
In our Practice we like our patients to wear compression garments for at least 6 to 8 week. I WOULD FOLLOW UP WITH YOUR PLASTIC SURGEON.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Abdominal binder for tummy tuck healing

+1

Every plastic surgeon treats the abdominal binder differently and you should ask your plastic surgeon for his/her protocol.  At 2-3 weeks I would consider the binder mostly for the comfort of the patient.  Another great option is supportive wear such as Spanx.  

York Jay Yates, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Abdominal binder after tummy tuck

+1

You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  Each surgeon has their own protocol for wearing a compression garment and for how long.  I think wearing a compression garment for at least three weeks is helpful to get the abdominal flap to stick down and decrease fluid collection so the drains may be removed sooner.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon