3-1/2 months post op from breast augmentation and I heard an odd suction noise? Is this normal?

I have silicone breast implants & when I move a certain way or tighten my chest muscles I get this odd noise & feeling. Sometimes almost like a popping sound. No pain & my breasts feel normal. Is this normal? If so what is it?

Some unusual sensations or noises can be appreciated after breast augmentation.

+1
Usually by three and half months the implants to settle then and the unusual sensations you are describing are a thing of the past. Nevertheless, they don't indicate anything wrong and probably will eventually dissipate with time.

Breast implant and suction noise

+1
Breast implants under the muscle can be "pumped" under the muscle and move funny. As for the noise it is hard to say. Best to be seen in person.

Healing After Breast Augmentation

+1
Thank you for your inquiry on Breast Augmentation and healing.

It is hard to say what is going on with out a face to face examination.  
  • It is important to see your plastic surgeon because she/he knows exactly what was done for you. 
  • If you have lost faith in your surgeon, consider a second opinion with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Go to the American Society of Plastic Surgeon's website to find qualified surgeons near you. 
Hope this helps.

Best Wishes.

EM

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Breast implant motion with muscle activity at three months

+1
Thank you for your question.  If your breast implants were placed beneath the chest muscle then motion of the breast implant with activity of the chest muscles is normal.  However I am less certain about the cause of the "suction noise".  It is always best to see your plastic surgeon for an examination and explanation.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS