Possibly Traveling Outside USA for Lipo BBL? (photo)

I had a tt yrs ago after an c-section . Now in my 40's, the waist is thicker and I want lipo on flanks ,waist and back. . I'm 5"4 and weigh 127.(.I have high hips, a short torso. and wide rib cage if that matters) I did have a consult with one of the 3 Doctors in my state who do BBL's and they didn't have any photos, that is why I'm traveling. Dr. said I have good skin elasticity .How long do I have to stay before I come back home? Can I remove drains myself? I wont be able to travel back!

BBL out of state

+2

Thank you for posting pictures. You are smart to have asked for before and after pictures to see a range of results before scheduling surgery. I typically have a Skype consultation with out of town patients, they stay locally for less than a week and follow ups via Skype again. You are a good candidate for liposuction and BBL without the use of any drains. Best of luck. 

Hi bbl in another country

+2

hi, board certified PS are you way to go.  every country has its board to certificate PS.  youre a good candidate for BBL.  we suggest that you stay 5 to 7 days at town to check you daily. final results will show at 3 to 4 months. swollines will diminish as the day pass. you have to use a garment for a month. 

Juan Pablo Cervantes, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Possibly Traveling Outside USA for Lipo BBL?

+2

You are a good candidate for Liposuction on abdomen, waist, flanks, full back and BBL. Fins a certified surgeon overseas that performed thousand of BBL per years. 

Walkiris Robles, MD

See realself post from international surgery disaster

+1

See the real Self post from a few days ago from someone who did surgery to save a few dollars.Asked by  texasgirl79  in Missouri City
"The fluid has developed in my lower abdomen before my scar. I realized that a seroma can occur whether u hve a top notch surgery in the US or u decided to save money. What boggles me is that I developed one after my drain was removed and I am back in the US. The option to go to my original surgery is not there. I have visited four doctors in Houston and called 6 all of them will not drain MY FLUIDS?? Is there is any other surgeon in the USA that can help me? I will fly wherever I need, I just need help??"     Don't get your self in this situation. Be safe and visit with a board certified plastic surgeon.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Traveling within the US for a BBL

+1

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a BBL. There may be not qualified plastic surgeons in your state who do this, but you should be able to find a board certified plastic surgery who is a BBL specialist in a neighboring state. I respectfully disagree with my colleague who says that it is not that hard a procedure. While it may seem easy, those of us who perform 6-8 BBLs per week have developed specific protocols to maximize your recovery and maximixe fat retention. I maintain that while it may be easy to do, it is hard to do well!  Do your research and you may consider traveling within the US for your surgery.  This is very common - for exampley, about 30% of my BBL patients come from other states as far away as CA and Alaska.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift / Butt Augmentation Toronto

+1

You don't need to leave the US for this surgery.  It's not a difficult surgery by any means.  Flying after this surgery is associated with significant risks such as a DVT/PE.  You are young and healthy - don't risk your health.  That's my humble opinion.  

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Traveling for surgery

+1

you are a good candidate for liposculpture with BBL . No need for drains . You can stay for one week and do follow ups online . Verify your  doctor credentials before making a decision.

Best wishes 

Katherine Feliz Camilo, MD

+1

Before going out of the country, you may want to review the work of other doctors in the US.  This surgery is extremely surgeon and effort dependent.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Beware of medical tourism

+1

So, if you have a problem, where will you go for help? Foreign substances are injected into people in other countries that are not allowed in the USA. I have seen many horror stories of people operated on outside of the USA with problems and deaths. Be careful.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD