If you're getting your implants removed in July or August 2013, please check in here!

• 1 year ago

Tell us a little about yourself, how long you've had implants, and why you want this done and let's support each other through this journey!

Comments (295)

Sort by

Booked the surgery for August 29 and bought airline tix, so it's a GO!!!! Scared....
Yay! Now you can get everything ready, in the house, with some cooking and freezing food, stocking up on some heavy stuff, getting your bras....so you will have a easier recovery. Tend to yourself pre-surgery. The healthier you are going in, the better. This will help pass the time, and ease some anxiety...
Awesome news southernbelle!
I am post op day 4. I am so bloated....anyone else experiencing this? Eating only soup, jello, grilled chicken, etc. why the bloat?
Yes I have had it too. I believe it is from the anesthesia. Drink TONS of fluids and avoid alcohol. I am 5 days post and mine is improving.
I am drinking lots of water and Gatorade but did have a glass of wine last night.....guess I better save the vino for later!!
Actually my stomach looked and felt really bloated aswell. Maybe it was the anestecia.
Have u heard of Kombucha? It is a naturally fermented drink that tastes like a wine cooler but really aids in detoxing the liver. They sell it at whole foods and some health food stores. I have been having one a day and feel great!
Thanks! Ill look for it.
Thanks! I'll try anything, I need to get some fresh stuff for juicing anyway.
I went and bought some today and you're right it does taste sort of like a wine cooler. Not bad but kind of pricey. I went to Whole Foods and bought a brand that is made in Austin and they had it 2 for $5 for 16oz. I figure I'll drink half in the morning and they'll last a little longer.
Feeling really pissed off today. I have had two people say I look like I have lost loads of weight. I only had my breast implants removed not lipo. Really hurt my feelings as I don't feel any different or lost weight. Am already small framed and comments like that don't go down too well with me. Sorry had to get it off my chest..
I am sorry you are upset. I think we are all in a very tricky place right now with explanting. We have made difficult decisions to have surgery again and it is our business alone. We all have triggers that set us off. For me, I would be thrilled to hear that I looked thinner. Try to feel at peace with your decision and take it as a compliment, even if you are sensitive about your frame. Hugs!
Hi thank you for your kind words. Yeah I will try and not take it to heart. The people who mentioned it, knew about my procedure everyone else have been ok. Anyway whoever has a problem with the way I look can p****f :)
You probably look trimmer on top, I know I do after the explant and the girls have settled down after all the trauma. I think it's a compliment, I hate diets and working out...I know looking thinner was not our primary reason for getting this surgery but it just goes to show what I suspected all along..big boobs make small frames look overweight...I am ecstatic all my tops and dresses look soooo much better now:) So happy!
You are right, bigger boobs do make you look much bigger and like you I do feel much happier and more confident now that my tops look much better. Am not covering up as I did before. The funny thing is that I don't feel any lighter or feel like am missing the implants. Maybe cause they were under the muscle or something, but I feel desame just smaller. Do you?
Yes, so true about that! I was originally a B cup, went to DD after implants,LOL:( so I thought I would back down to maybe a C with expansion, age, etc...well lo and behold I am a D. I tried buying a 34C bra but the girls didn't fit in the cup size...I was a little confused about that, maybe I still have swelling and don"t realize it? I do look smaller though. I can't explain the fact that the same bras fit me but I look a lot smaller. I was also behind the muscle btw. One good thing is I got a nice sports bra yesterday at marshall's. Before I know I would have been a L but I got a M now and it fits perfectly...yay:)
I was an A cup before implants and D cup with. At the moment I fit a B cup. I hope it stays that way and they don't disappear.
Mine were under the muscle too and I feel lighter. I think I will really feel the difference when I can quit wearing the tight sports bra and just wear a nice normal little bra.
I have started wearing normal bras when am out and sports bra in bed. I also need to loose some belly fat, didn't realise how big it was as I couldn't see it b4 with my big boobies. Lol
I know what you mean about the tummy! My husband warned me about that but I didn't want to hear it. lol
Ya, haven't seen my stomach without a mirror in years. I am underweight, so instead of needing to work on my stomach, I need to EAT! My IBS has flared since surgery, and I lost 6 lbs in the last 3 weeks, gained one back and suffer every time I eat something. Like that's isn't helping my boobs at all! I look like a stick. I can't eat any vegetables and fruits cause of IBS unless its like baby food. Soooo weird I tell you, the things that are coming up after this explant. They are sure exercising my coping muscles. I'm feeling a little low, a little pissed at times. But I am still happy I got those stinkin things out of my body! Not necessary happy with whats left after, but it will have to do, because I am never doing anything to my boobs ever again. I'm too old for this shit!
I am having the same problem with my weight, I am down to 116 and it's just because I have no appetite. I've been kind of down myself and I think that might be part of it. It seems like I read somewhere on here that sometime we might experience a little depression. But, I know things are only going to get better. Once I get out of this flattening sports bra period I can buy some real bras, I think that will help my mood a lot!! My sister had hers out several months ago and she is running around in the little Handful bra that she loves and sometimes the Genie bra. The Genie bra is more comfortable she says so she wears that for running around and for work she wears the Handful with some padding, not sure if she is wearing underwire yet. We just have to hang in there! Things will get better! Hey, and I got a kick out of your new line of men's fresheners but I think they need one with a clean smell for just freshening up a few times a day. You know how when you were a little girl or maybe not that little boys always have "that smell". Well, my husband still does. I even wash my sheets more often than if it was just me in there.
Wow! We have a lot of similarities going on here! We can be like boobie buddies since we have so many of the same issues. lol. Ditto loss of appetite. I think mine is because I'm scared to eat and get the intestinal backlash though. I heard too that there can be some depression after any surgery, let alone ones where the outcome is unknown, especially with sexual organs. Top two surgeries causing depression are ones effecting erectile dysfunction/sex (heart surgery), and breast surgeries. I don't think its 'depressed', I'd say short periods tinged with regret (getting boobs), guilt for being dumb and doing this in the first place, shock from the extreme body image adjustment, and just tired of focussing on boobs/recovery limitationsand bras tight enough to choke a horse! Don't you think? I think we are coping well actually! Keeping a sense of humour, being kind to ourselves, thinking positive, we will be good! :))) Awesome you mentioned the kinds of bras you and your sister like, thanks for that! I couldn't find a small in the Genie this morning, but will head to Target tomorrow and look for both it and the Handful bra while I'm shopping. Once we can start being more active, things will be better, and then again with new bras, more healing. You liked the 'Little Hugger Smensations for Big Buggers product line ideas???? Ha ha ha, LMAO! That was funny yesterday, and a total distraction from BOOBS! I How about Indy Fresh Speed Wipes???? Ya, that's sounds good to guys,lol, as long they don't smell like rubber burning! lol
Hope you will be able to eat a good hearty meal soon. I suffer from ibs also and it did flare up more since the op although less now. I still eat everything even though I feel uncomfortable after. I drink some peppermint and lay back and mown. Lol