If you're getting your implants removed in April, May, or June 2013, please check in here!

• 1 year ago

Tell us a little about yourself, why you got implants initially and why you want them out. Let's support each other through this journey!

Comments (480)

Sort by

I could care less what anyone says. It was the same thing when I got them put in, lol. People can't help themselves it seems. I think people who talk about others do so because they feel bad about themselves & they have no life so they talk about others whom do. Pray for them. Love & forgive people the most whom diserve it the least.:-)
Amen to that nonfatblonde!!! Couldn't have said it better myself :)
Hey Ladies ! Day 10 of explant w lift and internal lift w / the capsule. I went back to work day. Worjec in the office . I did ok but halfway through the day my shoulders and neck were really hurting. I think I'm slouching forward because it hurts to hold my shoulders back and I probably carry myself weird. Everyone today said I look so different and not like myself. Wt heck does that mean ! I'm paranoid. One did say I look a lot smaller.
Neck and shoulder pain is so common after explantation, it results itself within a few weeks. Ibuprofen helped me :)
Just don't worry what they think...move on, you'll soon start wanting to stand proud and feel much more agile...and get loads more attention from me...even at my age I have noticed and I am really flat chested now!
Oops that's a funny typo...from men I mean - whether the attention is wanted or not!
This neck And shoulder pain is horrible! What causes it ? Thanks Bird!
Tha is candy box! It just made me so self conscious when they kept on commenting and saying how different I looked . For the first time I questioned being proud that I took the implants out .
Not sure if it's the way we carry ourselves after the surgery, the altered sleeping position, the relief of the weight off those muscles or all of the above....but I was miserable too Sportsmom 12. I was lucky enough not to have had to go back to work, don't know how I would have managed! Hang in there :)
Just natural gossip...don't let anyone get to you. People are only really interested in themselves, and if they can find a reason for a put down they will - its just a human trait we all have. Just go up another level and don't let it get to you.
Hi Ladies, Thinking of changing my screen name to 'flatbroke' hahaha ... Anyway, today was my surgery .. Hopefully 3x's the charm .. Had the implants taken out with a lift. So far I feel good, only slightly nauseous shortly after, tea and toast helped. I have to keep the bandages until my post-op visit next Friday, but they said I can put my own sports bra on as soon as the leakage stops., I can take a shower on Saturday ....
Thinking of you and sending you healing vibes pearlgirl2. The first week is the roughest but it gets much better!!!!
Thanks
Take care & rest! You can only go up from here :)
Hey! It looks like we are on an exact week difference ! Congrats! I write this as I am riding to my first pre-op apt (lift & explant).
Hope the visit went well!
Thanks ! I got a little more clarity on why I'm having the tearing / burning pain. I had a capsule -something graph(forgot the name). It's where the capsule is left in and given a lot Of internal stitches to give support to the lift. That's why it's taking longer for me to heal and I'm feeling more pain. How's anyone heard of this ?
You made a good investment in long term health !!! like bird7 said, the first week is the hardest. Take it slow, and the rest will be easy!
Blessings lots of blessings Pearlgirl !!
I am just over one month post op, from last week have been wearing the excellent Dim bra in the day as its so comfortable and light, but has the 2 moulded bust sheilds that make me feel secure and they look good under tops. Stopped wearing anything at night, just massage in cream, but mine have reduced to 2 flat prunes, so nothing to hold up really!
Today will be 1 week And I'm frustrated! Here it is 4:30 am and I woke because I hurt and can't get comfortable. When I go more Than 3 -4 hours without ice I start To swell and hurt. It reminds me Of when I was breast feeding and REALLY needing to feed my child. Lol. I CAN straighten up A Little better with shoulders back but I'm Still getting Random tearing / burning pains. Driving isn't easy because turning The wheel On sharp turns is rough. I'm Just frustrated right now Because I was Clueless the recovery would Be so wrong. Did you guys take This long ? When I got Implants under w lift 4 years ago it Was a breeze so I wasn't expecting the explant w lift to be that bad. My capsule was left in the gift support to the lift as well. Frustrating and wondering if I'm normal! (Good news is they look great and soapy people have said I look 20 lbs lighter)
Sorry for the typos : ) iPhone @ 4:30 am : )
Seems we are all different, one week is not long - when do you have your next check up? So you had a lift and capsules kept in or you are referring to the original lift when you had the implants in? I am just over 1 month and managed a little swimming again yesterday - last week I felt restricted on one side, so slowly things improve. But look on the bright side - they look great! Mine just look like 2 flat prunes!
Originally i had a lift plus implants but when I had the explants I had another lift and they left the capsule In to help give the lift support. Also I guess I'm At 6 days today - not a week
My first check up is tomorrow