Post to Forum

Is It Worth Paying $300 (Non-refundable) for a Consultation Fee for a Tt at Mt. Sinai (NY)?

• Micstayce
  • Baltimore, Maryland
  • 2 years ago

Comments (17)

Sort by

Nope mine was free. I am doing mine in Garden City, NY
HI @ Apple0416 Most resident hospitals charge for consulations and I don't mind paying a consult fee since the procedure is like 50% less than you would pay if you were to go to a non resident hospital. I just don't want to pay $200-300 for a consult fee those prices are ridiculous.
Just saw how old this post was. Sorry! Hope you didn't pay that though!!!
No! That is crazy! I have had lipo in the past, and just had a full TT, lipo, and breast lift and I had about 3 consults with this Dr before making a decision, and I didn't ever pay a consult fee!
This is how all these resident hospitals are. But 300 is a bit much and no I didnt pay that.
These consultation fees at this places are ridiculous. Jacobi Hospital wants $195 (not applied to the cost of the surgery), Harlem Hospital wants $375 (not applied to the cost of the surgery) and Mt. Sinai Hospital consultation fee is $300 (and again not applied to the cost of the surgery).

Has anyone had a tt and lipo done at any of these places?
this is the Jacobi hospital finance dept # 718-918-4700 or 5407 i call and they told me is 4600 -195=4415 n this the clinic #718-918-7200 i call they don't knw nothing at the clinic....
Hi ia there a web site I can get some information from? Do u know how a consult would go for an out of town patient
Hi @Amy did you have surgery performed at Jacobi?
@bigbootyT I think the consult will go just as if you were at home but there will be concerns from the doctors about you traveling after a major surgery.
Hi Awy how did your consult with Jacobi go?
HI Micstayce i went to NYEE n i had my T tuck on 3/22 im doing great i love it..
Hey awy how was ur surgery in NYEE I'm gonna going in for a consult
No. Absolutely not. Go somewhere else. That is ridiculous!
I am not from new York, but to me that oes seem extremely high.
I am thinking about canceling that consultation.
As a suggestion, just find another PS. Out here they usually charge $50 which they put toward the cost. Go into either the Q & A and ask for doctor sugguestions in your area. Or you can send your request out under reviews. Good luck. Pease let me know what you decide. You can send private messages from the in box located in the upper right hand corner.