Is anyone undergoing Breast Reconstruction in January or February 2014?

• 7 months ago

After undergoing mastectomy (surgery to remove one or both breasts, partially or completely), women may choose to have another surgery to reconstruct their breasts using breast implants or tissue expanders, their own body tissue, or a combination of tissue reconstruction and implants.
Feel free to introduce yourself so we can support you through the rest of your journey!

Comments (2)

I recently had a bilateral mastectomy and am in the process of reconstruction. After 3 weeks and 2 expansions (1in surgery), my chest is finally feeling a bit softer. But I must say, I am not looking forward to the next expansion. My 500cc expanders are half filled now and I'm uncertain as to how full the expanders show be to reach the goal of a full B cup to small C cup? Patience, patience, patience, I suppose.... Clarey22
Welcome to RealSelf. Glad your chest is starting to feel a bit softer. I suppose it will feel tight again after another fill? You might want to check out other breast reconstruction reviews and comment on their reviews to see how they're progressing or how they're feeling now that they're done with the reconstruction process. Nanama's review has a great following of women also patiently waiting for their final results. Hang in there!