Has anyone spent more than $25,000 on surgery?

• daisychains
  • 8 months ago

I'm researching for an article about people who have had a lot of cosmetic surgery and looking to speak to people who have spent a lot of money on procedures. Have you had a lot of surgery? Do you plan to continue?What do your friends and family think? Are they supportive?I'd love to hear from anyone who wants to share their story!

Comments (4)

I had weight loss surgery (covered by insurance) and now I'm 22 and left with a saggy, wrinkly body. This summer I decided to work towards changing that (considering months at the gym does nothing for sagging skin because believe me, I tried) and looked into body contouring. It's a series of procedures done after weight loss to return the body to "normal." I'm two weeks out from a tummy tuck with muscle tightening, lipo and mons lift and an arm lift with lipo. That alone set me back $17,000+ My next set of procedures is a breast lift with with autoplasty (where they move tissue from my sides/back to reshape my boobs) with a back lift which will be another $15,000+ I hope to someday take care of my thighs/butt which I imagine will be around $18,000+ It seems so extreme to everyone else but to me there's no better investment than my body. If I can spend money on expensive gyms, trainers, organic food, juices, etc. why is it so crazy that I spend money on plastic surgery to help me become happy with myself? I think as long as you're doing it for you and only you, it can be healthy. It sure is an investment but in my opinion, the best kind you can make. If you're looking into it - good luck!
Oh now I see that you're just doing this for research so I'll add to it. My immediate family and friends are very supportive because they're the ones that have seen me dedicate my life to becoming healthy and being the best person I can be. In less than a year (with the help of gastric bypass) I lost over 140 lbs. I learned to love cooking in the kitchen. I started a healthy living blog (www.healthy-hilary.com). I finally experienced what it's like to enjoy working out. I made healthy living a HUGE priority in my life but no matter what I did, certain things just wouldn't change. That's where plastics come in. They aren't always necessarily for the "vain." Sometimes they are legitimately to help people become more "normal." So far I'm really happy with my choices. I'm not exactly sure what my peers think, but from what I can tell on social media most people seem really happy for me and almost no one has expressed disdain. When it comes to the money portion of things - I could have found a doctor that was cheaper. I could have flown to Mexico or the Dominican Republic. I could have just chosen someone local. Instead, I did my research, met with a few surgeons and chose the one I was most comfortable with. The one thing I refused to do was let someone alter my body that I didn't trust. My surgeon was a four hour drive from my home and right after my procedures I stayed in a hotel for a week until my drains came out, then was driven home. I'll be headed back in two weeks for a check up. Things have gone so smooth and I'm so happy that I didn't try to skimp out on things. If you use any of this in published work, I'd love to see it. Please email me at hilaryfflint@gmail.com. I think it's really interesting subject matter and I'd love to see what you have to say.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

This comment does not follow our Community Guidelines and/or Terms of Service. We reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

This comment does not follow our Community Guidelines and/or Terms of Service. We reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.