Should I do this?

  • Susan Schneider
  • Mason City, Iowa
  • 1 year ago

I am a 65 year old male who is also transgendered. I have been diagnosed with Gender Identity Disorder and have been on hormones for a year and a half. During this time I have lived full time as a woman and am completely out to all of my family and friends and have the acceptance of most of them. My life is happier now than it has ever been! However, I feel so stongly that I want to be as complete a female as I possibly can be. I am considering gender reassignment surgery but am undecided if this is really for me. I do not desire to have a functioning vagina for the purpose of having sexual intercourse as I am almost certain this will never happen. I do desire to be legally considered female and to have the gender marker on my drivers license changed to reflect this. I know in my heart and soul that I should have been born a female and this thought is constantly with me. How can I be legally declared a female without undergoing GRS? If this is possibile I would appreciate input from others who are knowledgeable on this issue. Thank you.