Post to Forum

September and October 2013 Mommy Makeover ladies check in here!

• 1 year ago

Tell us a little about yourself and let's support each other through this journey!

Comments (198)

Sort by

another try, sorry
Check in time! For those of you with reviews, please go post a (Real)Selfie of how you look TODAY. Real time. Looking forward to seeing them all.
Ok, i am posting, the light is a little weird though, sorry.
another try
Does anyone have uneven swelling? My left side is huge and my right side is still swollen just not as much. Still swollen in my stomach too. I'm 12 PO and was hoping it would go down some. It seems to be getter bigger and tighter at the end of the day. Ugh any suggestions?
I seetheleft is more swollen. Probsbly just the way it is. Do ou feel ok besides? My left breast is still solln at 9 weeks, that one had bruising, the other id nt. you are gonna look so fantastic once you are healed. Nice hourglass Figure.
I am 5 weeks po and I am still getting swelling in the tummy especially now that I am back to being active and resume normal activities. I'm usually flat in the am and notice the swelling above the belly button and above the middle of the incision. I'm not sure what you did on breasts, but I had implants and the swelling significantly went down the 3rd week and not as sore. My Dr had me do massages on breasts that helped, so maybe you can ask. :)
Hey girls...I'm 20 dpo now and I started messages over the weekend. I've noticed a lot of swelling (more than before) in my abdomen since. I feel like I have a gut now. Anybody else experience this??
Massages? I feel like I look pregnant! :(
What kind of massages? I checked with my ps yesterday and he still says no hear or cold on tummy and no massage. Others on here had good results though. I tried, did not help a lot.
Yep, I feel like I too have a tummy,,,, ggrr, so ready for the swell hell to go away.
I look 2 months pregnant and the worse thing about it is when I asked my dr when the swelling would go down he told me that I'm not swollen. So this is my result. Very very disappointed it looks no different then before now I just have 2 nasty scars to go along with it.
Pimpmybod, Swelling will be a battle for the next 6 months at least I hear. Im 6wks and still get it.
All I want to do is stand up straight and sleep in my bed. When oh when will this happen? Tried to get out for a little while with my husband today and it wore me out. Tomorrow will be a week. I'm so ready to be somewhat normal. My back hurts more than anything!!!
I completely understand! I'm 2 weeks post op, and my back is killing! I am standing straight and sleeping in bed so that helps a lot. Hope you feel better!
Put ur back against the wall or the corner on the wall in a doorway this will give relief to your back and yes and outings you will get worn out quick my body would shut down it's telling u yo lay down!!!! It gets better ❤️
hotmom2be, For the 1st 2 wks my back was super pissed off. But after that it gets better.Im 6wks and am still not 100% straight. Im pretty damn close but not quiet. I hear its a good thing but my back is not happy either. & I just started sleeping in my my bed 6 nights ago & its still not comfy. My backs killing me today. Sorry to be the berrer of bad news but it will be worth it! :)
I am 22 days PO. I had BA, full TT and Lipo inner thighs. Doing pretty well, standing up straight. Just everyday activities make me tired but I'm getting better everyday. One question I have is there any tips on sleeping in bed? And at what point did you attempt? I've tried 2x, last night I lasted 5 hours but it was miserable and so uncomfortable. Back in the recliner again but so anxious to get back in bed. Any advice? Thanks
I put pillows behind me, and pillow between my bum and knees and I've slept like a log although I do slip down during the night it's ok. This week (week5) I have the pillows the same but just turned on my side it was great :/) good luck x
I slept in a recliner until 5 days ago and Im 6 wks. And I still have to put pillows under my knees.
That is how I did it and bought a really soft down pillow i still wedge under boob and tummy when i am on my side, even at 9 weeks.
How long do you have to be hunched over? My back is killing me!!
So Is Mine. My Doc Said A Week Or So, Not To Force Yourself Upright, But Just Relax And You'll Be Able To Tell When You Can Stand Straight.
I've read many docs comments about 7days to prevent tension on the incision but my doc says whenever u want so it's up to the individual. I'm forcing myself to hunch even though I can stand straight.
5 days out...bruises and binder are what's caused the most pain so far and Arnica doesn't seem too help. :( Other than that I think I'm progressing well. I hope all my post op buddies are hanging in there!