September 2013 Tummy Tuckers Check In Here...

• 1 year ago

Ready set go all of my September ladies...

Comments (4,322)

Sort by

Had scar revision on 9th may. Scar super low, back to being hunched over and the evil swelling. X
What exactly is scar revision? Did they open up the current scar?
They cut just above old scar and took out more skin below. Then took upper cut down to lower edge and used heavey tension stitches to stop scar riding up again. I did take photo on phone just before op will try to upload, it will make more sense then!
How is the swelling? Did you have to wear a compression garment? I have one side of my scar that's high and even the dr said it as well. My scar looks so ugly . I should post a picture.
Well we are a quiet bunch! I had to really scroll to find our thread. :) I updated my review. I'm really seeing the definition now in my abs and I'm so happy with my results. I need to have a but of a revision of a dog ear, but that's okay. Love love love my TT and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I wouldn't have said that for the first few months after because the recovery for this procedure is so brutal.
Can you tell me about the revision of dog ears? I am 8 weeks PO and have them on each side. I'm so beside myself. I feel like my surgeon made a mistake, just not sure how to accept this.
Dog ears are really common. At 8 weeks PO you are nowhere near your final result, so I'd wait a few more months before deciding if it needs to be fixed. Things will continue to smooth out and flatten. But like I said, they are pretty common and just require a quick fix with local anaesthetic. It doesn't mean your surgeon messed up. It's just from the way they have to take a curved hole and stitch it back up, all while your lying down, so he can't really tell what's going to happen once you stand up. Your surgeon will fix the dog ears for free. It's just part of refining the look of what he did. I bet you look fabulous!!
Updated my profile, the revision lipo was done yesterday. Very happy :)
Scar revision booked for 9th May to lower total scar. Was just starting to feel back to myself will have to remember my goal. Surgeon has agreed to do for free so very pleased about that.
How is everyone doing? I should update my profile finally... Anyway, I wanted to tell that now after six months my PS finally agreed with me that there is some residual fat in my upper abs. I'm now scheduled for a lipo on April 1st. Hopefully most of the swelling will disappear before summer and I will finally get the look I was hoping for :)
6 month update! Time has flown by! :)
Hi Ladies, Just did 9 month PO update. Hope everyone is well.
Hello ladies! Ive slacked off updating yall! The holidays are finally over and im just submerging myself in work trying to catch up while i was out. My wound is steadily closing. I still feel a little tightness in my tummy. Working out isnt going to great i swell bad! But other than that im taking things day by day. My wound is still open and about 90% closed
Mommy makeover post
Oops.. 7 month post pics coming. ;). I haven't posted since 45 DPo!
Nice results!
I did a really intense core workout on Wed and my belly has expanded noticeably. (Well noticeable to me at least.) Boo :( I need to work out these abs!! I guess I will just have to live with this swelling. Gross.
Omg ur pushin urself a little hard !! Well done u:-)
Good for you for doing the workout, sorry for the swelling. All I did was intense closet cleaning and gross, really, housework and I am so swollen it's ridiculous. I had to put the abdominal bunder in for the first time in weeks. I am so done with this, I wish.
This happens to me all the time, especially when I vacuum. I so hate reading that you guys are still dealing with it this far out. I am only 10 weeks and was hoping for this to end soon. : (
I had thought my swelling was a little better....then this week I really stepped up my exercise. Working out twice in one day a couple of times this week. Tonight I was more swollen than I have been in weeks. Ugh. I didn't even do core intense stuff. When were you cleared for that?
I also still swell badly after intense exercise. The only time I really don't still feel swollen is first thing in the morning. It's much less than it was, but I'm hoping that after a year things really do settle down.
4 month update! :)
Updated profile!!
My swellings starting to go dwn a lot better:-) yea happy day!: Ohh ya gotta live pharel Williams new song... Happy:-)))) love it !! This should be all our song!! X