September 2013 Breast Reductions Check In Here....

• 1 year ago

Comments (512)

Sort by

Hey there it's me again. Next questions for the pros. I feel like the top if my belly is bigger than it was before. Did you feel the same and if so was it swelling or bloating or are we just now realizing since the big boobs are gone how big out stomach is? Does it go away and when. I know lots of questions sorry I just don't like my belly after surgery.
I felt that way about my belly right away. it's been a while and I still feel that way so I am increasing my sit ups each day in order to tighten up the belly area.
So it never went back down. Are the sit ups helping? I have the feeling it is on top of my belly like above the belly button to under the breast.
I have been so worried about the same thing. I know that my belly is bigger than before surgery (I'm 6 weeks post op today) because I have not gained weight AND some pants are super tight and some do not fit at all - not even close. And they fit perfectly just a couple of days before the surgery. I don't know what it is - I've googled it a million different ways.
I did notice that my belly seemed to be a little bigger. I believe that your weight just gets distributed differently after surgery because of the weight change (3-4 pounds for me) in my breasts. It could also, like you said, we just never noticed our large belly's because our breasts were so large. My belly seem to get in portion as my breast settled into its permanent shape.
Hopefully my belly will do the same thing. Thanks
Having to be inactive after surgery does not help. I am managing to lose a lb a week but I know the tummy will only improve once I can start exercising again.
You so right and for such a long time. I have an event end of April I have to get fit for that will push me once I get the go.
September girls, I am about 3 weeks post. I am just wondering if I will know my real size when I am as long post as you are or will it take even longer. Also how big was the difference in bra size between like 2-3 weeks after till 4 month after. Thank you.
I got measured at 4 weeks at the advice of my surgeon and bought a couple of no wire bras but couldn't wear them because of swelling under my breasts and tenderness. I'm 4 months post-op and still wearing sports bras. All my swelling is gone but I still have tenderness under my breasts. I was told from a girlfriend who is a breast reduction surgical nurse it sometimes takes up to a year to feel comfortable in a bra. Also, I was in final bra size 2 months post-op but everybody is different. I was a 34 DDD and now I'm a 34 B. hope this helps. Keep me posted.
Thanks, what was the measurement at 4 weeks? I would lover to know what I will end up with. Right now at three weeks I am a D. I hope that means I won't be no bigger than a C once all the swelling it gone. I really don't care if I can't wear a underwire for a while. As long as I find something comfortable.
My official measurement at the bra shop (SOMA) was 34D, but I still had a lot of swelling. Most of my swelling was underneath both my breasts. I plan to get measured again, because all bras fit differently. I plan never to wear underwire again in this life! I'm enjoying the freedom. :)
Absolutely agree who needs underwire. I wore it because I needed it. If my PS tells me none underwire are fine for the rest of my boobs life and support them enough to last a long time I won't go back either at least not on a day to day basis. Thanks again.
I feel the same
I always wanted to be able to wear these little training bra kind of things. Maybe now I will be able too. They even come in lace I think never looked to deep into it but now.... Please loads let me be a small C. I will be good for the rest of my life. :-)
Hi guys, looks like I have gotten my surgery date earlier then thought. They offered me a date in February but that's too soon, as my husband is a teacher and will be off during the summer. So my surgery is scheduled for July. I need the few months to prepare myself. My doctor did say he will most likely use drains on me.
I'm 3 weeks now and the girls are doing great, I have a question when is the best time to start scar treatments? New pics
When your dressings nurse tells you everything has healed......
Thanks lottied1607...
ONE MONTH POST OP!!!!! YAY!!!!!!
Well saw my ps for the first time on Thursday since my op - she was very pleased with the way everything is looking. Apparently there are quite a few changes to go through yet still - the scars are still really pink at the moment, they will slowly go lighter and lighter. The incisions underneath might look like indentations for a while and could go up before finally dropping down to where they should be. The boobs will eventually drop into a more natural position - which is good because at the moment they are really perk and high and someone asked me if I had had implants! So with time and gravity (!) they will drop and look more natural. Have to keep an eye on the scars because I am told they will go through a phase where they get thicker and slightly raised but this should go down after about 6 weeks - after that, if they are still raised you have to be aware of keyloid scarring, where the scars stay like that permanently. Overall though, very happy with the results and have to go back to see her in January.
I'm six weeks post op today! WOW! The last two weeks have made such a difference. Hardly any pain or itching, so much more comfortable. Still mostly wearing my surgical bras, just because they are more comfortable at this point. Boobies look great. The hole at my t-junction is healing up really well, my scars are nice and flat, and I love my new size. I got the first "did you lose weight" question from a coworker last week and it was awesome! (I have also lost 18 pounds in the last 2 months!)
After your BR surgery when did you take off your surgical tape? And was it painful?
I cannot believe that I am 4 four weeks post op tomorrow!!! I still keep putting the tape on. My doc says it will help the scarring. It does not hurt, sometimes a bit pully, but less than taking a plaster off, much less!!!
I'm 4 weeks post op (wow! Time has gone by sooo fast) and still exhausted. I feel so weak sometimes, like my arms are too heavy to lift! Anyone else feeling this way? I also was wondering when would it be safe to start running and doing other exercises? I'm sure planks and push ups are out of the question for awhile, but what about other stuff? Hope everyone is healing well:)