Post to Forum

I See 139 Reviews About LASIK. How Many Have Positive Comments After 3 and 5 Yrs, Respect?

• MLN123
  • 2 years ago

I went over the negative reviews about LASIK, but need a lot time to go over all positive ones to determine the % of the 139 reviewers who had LAKIS >3 and 5 yrs ago, respectively. Is there any stat on these?

Comments (1)

There are too many variables and changes in technology to provide meaningful answers yo this question. The longest study of patient satisfaction after laser vision correction that I am aware of showed a satisfaction level of over 80% 10 years after the procedure. Of course,all of these patients had older technology which was prone to higher levels of complications, side-effects and regression. Some of the innovations in LASIK technology have been introduced in the last couple of years. Patient satisfaction one year after these new innovations: IntraLase LASIK with wavefront technology is almost 100%. These innovations have improved success rates and safety with fewer side-effects. This should yield much higher patient satisfaction levels when polled years in the future. By the way, you can still have LASIK performed using older technology: it is generally less expensive so you will want to educate yourself on this.