If you're getting rhinoplasty in March or April, 2014 please check in here!

• 5 months ago

Tell us a little about yourself and why you want a nose job and let's support each other through this journey.

Comments (73)

Sort by

Just got mine yesterday, May 6...and so far everything is great...meaning a very smooth recovery with no complaints or complications...I've wanted this for as long as I can remember my pediatrician telling me I could fix it when i got older and this was when I was I was 6 years old and broke my nose in 2 places...can't wait to have the cast off in 5 days!
Tijuana, May 6 2014! I've been thinking over this for a LONGGG TIME! And now I'm ready to take the BIG step!
Hi everybody I've been researching wanting to get rhinoplasty to remove a dorsal hump and Mirabal this tip. I'm in Arizona. does anybody have any recommendations of a very excellent rhinoplasty facial surgeon
Anybody had any experiences with Dr. David Kahn in San Fran? He's in his late 60's and seems to have a wealth of experience, but I'm finding it difficult to get any reviews on him anywhere online. I've spoken to a couple of his patients who loved him, but based on a few meetings, I'm still iffy. Going with my gut, here, nothing more, so any info on him would be greatly appreciated!
Having mine in two days!!!! AHH!! excited and nervous. I haven't actually met my surgeon yet, we did an email consultation, meeting tomorrow, then surgery on the 25th. craziness!
Surgery in 2 hrs, is it normal to feel like you are making a huge mistake? No turning back now!
Hey good luck with the surgery. I felt like a was making a huge mistake on the day of my surgery but glad I got it done in the end xx
Had my surgery on the 5th, I'm starting to look normal now, no more Avatar face. Good luck to all the people still waiting!
Hi all, 9 days to go until my revision YIKES!!! I haven't told anyone yet and only intend to tell my partner and my son who both live with me. I have pretty much convinced myself that i am going to die whilst under anaesthetic? and to say i am getting a little obsessive is an understatement! Next week i will start taking vitamin C, Bromelian, and Arnica. I am preparing myself both physically and mentally, have given up alcohol 3 weeks ago and am excercising regularly...have even lost a couple of kilos. Thank you so much for your stories and support, they have helped me immensely and good luck to all of you who are waiting in the wings. PS funny story, i have bought a huge pair of Dame Edna style glasses to wear when i go back to work to hopefully take the attention away from my (probably) swollen nose lol
Exactly two weeks from today, Monday April 28! I am excited but nervous about the anesthesia portion, as I have never had it before.
Good luck with it all. I had mine done on Monday I was worried about being put to sleep but it was all fine, it felt like it all happened so quickly.
Good luck!! You are 1 day ahead of me...Looking forward to following your progress :)
2 weeks to go and am absolutely petrified!!! I am one of those people who if its going to go wrong it will happen to me! Haircuts, piercings, spray tans, nose jobs.....yep, never work out for me, i think i'm cursed so i think why should this time be any different. Am i crazy doing this again?
You sound exactly like me! I'm so negative when it comes to expecting things because I just know something big will go wrong! Mine is in 2 days (well, officialy 1 now) and I'm betond scared. Convinced I wont even be able to have it done because they need to do tests on my heart before surgery and I just know its going to be going mental from the nerves! And I'm thinking even if they do go through with it, I will have some bad reaction to the anasthetic or that I will absolutely hate my new nose! Such a pessimist but I would rather think of all this now rather than think everything will be fantastic and easy and get a great big shock when its not! Have you had yours yet or is it soon? X
I had my surgery on 03/21. I'm 19 days post op. I had rhino surgery to reduce my dorsal hump and get rid of my bulbous tip.
Cast off day tomorrow!!! Dreading it!!
Wow good for u...it went by quick.. My surgery is next Weds and I'm so scared. Reading all these posts have really helped prepare...
Just got mine yesterday! I'm in bed healing. You can check out my before photos on my profile/ story.
How's it going so far?
This is my first post on the site, my op is in 23 days and I'm really excited but TERRIFIED! I am going to start writing about my journey soon on this and hopefully some of you lovely people can help to reassure me because I can't talk to many others about it :) Best of luck to those going in tomorrow!
Hi I had mine 10 days ago still a bit swollen but it wasn't very painful you will be fine. Good luck xxx
Ah thank you! I have never had surgery before so Im just scared of the unknown! Hope you love your result :) xx
No I hadn't had surgery before but rhinoplasty is one of the safest operations out there and you literally fall asleep for what seems like 5 mins and then that's it done, I'm still very swollen so I'm in 2 minds at the moment but know its early days and I find it weird when looking in the mirror as I think I look totally different even though people are telling me otherwise. I'm definitely happier with my side profile as I had a crooked nose and a dropping tip. You will be fine, xxxxxxxx
Mine is tomorrow, argh! I'm not really nervous about the outcome (yet) more nervous about being put to sleep :|
Good luck let us know how you get on x