Post to Forum

If you're getting or have gotten rhinoplasty in May or June 2014, please check in here!

• 2 months ago

Tell us a little about yourself and why you want this done. And let's support each other through this journey.

Comments (27)

Sort by

I had my rhyno June 10th. Everything is "okay" by now
Hi I am looking for a good rhinoplasty surgeon in India...and would like to know how much would it cost ? please help
Hi I had surgery last 27th June Friday, and am so worried I went to a great PS but when I look in the mirror I think my nostrils are different sizes and slightly different shapes . I haven't got my cast or stitches out yet and I panicking over nothing or should I be worried?
Want to do rhinoplasty but confuse where to do and how much it will cost ..just very scare to do without any idea please if anyone knows than help me with this ..(in Sydney )
Hello, I just had rhinoplasty which entailed correction of my deviated septum so I can breathe, straightening of my nose since it was bent due to having broken it a few years ago, and what was supposed to be a subtle removal of the bump on my nose. I just had this surgery on June 18th and I am really scared right now. My nose seems much smaller and shorter and also almost "pig-like". I did not want a drastic change to my face. According to everything I have read it is too soon to say what my nose will look like but that doesn't stop me from freaking out. I spoke to the surgeon and she said what I see is mostly swelling. She says she did not alter the tip in any way and went very conservative on the bump which is what gives the nose its shape so my nose should return to "normal". She says reducing the bump can give an optical illusion that the nose is shorter but mostly what I am seeing right now is severe bruising and swelling of tip. Any advice or someone going through this in the past that got better :/ Thanks, Carmen
Hi Carmen, I just had my surgery Thursday and I can tell you mine also looks short, fat and squat. I think that is normal for right after surgery with the taping and cast on it, and all the swelling. It also looks like the space between my lip and nose is huge! But I'm just being patient since I know this isn't the end result. Hang in there!
As long as my story is concerned ..it's s a true one..and I am suffering an emotional trauma for the ugly nose that destroys my pretty face I had befoe that nasty surgery..with dr .Behrooz Farzam in Tehran-IRan
I just had my rhino/septo today 6/17/2014. Good luck to everyone else who is recovering or waiting for their surgery.
how is your recovery going? I had mine june 18th I posted above ...
Its alot easier than I thought. I have minimal bruising and pain - just nausea from antibiotics. How about you?
I did my rhinoplasty revision on the 13th May 2014, it come out not like i hope for but its better then my previous nose.
Hello. Looking to get a doctor in the Ontario, Canada region. Is there certain parts of Canada or USA where Rhinopasty is cheaper? I'm trying to find a good doctor based on reviews from ratemd and Real Self, but to be honest, I feel like some doctors are paying people to write positive reviews and I don't trust half the reviews I see. Any advice on forums or places I can get real reviews and the best recommended doctors? Right now I live in Ottawa, Canada
Hated my nose since puberty. Large bump in bridge, hook shaped. Still get jokes at work sometimes as an adult. Getting rhinoplasty with spreader graft on June 16th.
My surgery is June 19. I've wanted this done for over half of my life. Fixing my deviated septum, enlarged turbinates and removing bump on the bridge. I'm nervous for recovery but looking forward to the end results.
That's exactly what I had on April 30th and I've just been for my final check up today. Fully fit and healed (I was back at work after 8 days and in the gym within 3 weeks). Good luck!
That is amazing! Today is the day after my surgery and I feel pretty uncomfortable but just taking it slow and steady, hope I'm able to work out so quickly afterwards!
I had my rhinoplasty on may 20th and have mixed feelings about my results. Some things were clearly improved while others I feel don't look as good as what I was aiming for. It's really hard to judge this early in my recovery how I feel about it, but overall the improvements are most likely worth it. Provided that you find a very skilled and reputable surgeon. This is not a decision to be taken lightly and if you go to the wrong person the results can be devastating. As time goes by small changes are taking place and I am getting more used to my new nose. I think overall my doctor did a good job, it's just not the type of nose I envisioned and that's kind of disappointing. For anyone who is about to have this surgery - be prepared that you may end up with something different than what you were hoping for and that it is a very long recovery process and that you may have to live with a nose that you don't feel suits your face at least until things settle down and you see your final result. I knew all that going into it, but it's a little tougher to actually go through it.
i'm going in today for a revision rhinoplasty and septoplasty! it's been 18 years since the first procedure. I have a very deviated septum which causes terrible breathing - and, frankly, my nose is still quite big :) But, i hadn't made revision a priority because i sort of liked that people still thought i had a big/natural nose :) It certainly doesn't look 'done' but as i'm going in to fix the inside, i'm going to do the outside too. I am living in Buenos Aires, Argentina although from LA. I found a very loved doctor here...and am going in today!
I have done a nose job in Iran three weeks ago,my doctor was Behrooz Farzam. The results are terrible..! I asked the doctor for minor changes and not to shorten my nose..he did just the opposite of what I asked him...I ended up with most part of my nose tip removed...I am not sure if I can ever get my nose tip back. I feel like being suisidal ..
Hi Maryam. Sorry you feel cheated. I know it is painful to not see the results you wanted. My nose ( done in april 2014) did not come out like I expected. Done in Texas. Now I'm getting more used to the new me with a crooked nose ( one side meatier than the other). Hope you start feeling better about the new you. :0/
It's only been 3 weeks and from what I hear it will keep changing for a year or more so don't give up so soon! Give it time. Most things are fixable. Talk to your surgeon. Maybe after it's healed they can do a nonsurgical procedure if you think it's too small they can add to it. Hang in there! Youll find a lot od support on here
thanks for your comments. Yes I am still feeling terrible for my upturned, unnatural, asymmetrical nose. I am reading here and there that reconstructing of the nose tip is one of the hardest procedures specially when lots of cartilage is removed..my nose is thin on the upper side, short, bulbous, and piggish on the tip..I still hide it under surgical tapes after 35 days.
Hi, Has your nose gotten better? I got my nose done June 18th and really freaked out with the results see above :( Thanks, Carmen
Sorry accidentally hit submit before I was done. I have hated my nose since I was a little girl. I finally able to get it done and I couldn't be more excited. Surgery is in 5 days
I am scheduled for a rhinoplasty 6/6/14. I am so excited. I've wanted to havethis